account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Upcoming alarm notification not showing

Adept
Message 1 of 12
Message 1 of 12

Upcoming alarm notification not showing

Dear support,

With the latest version of the software the notification of the incoming alarm is not showing thus making me wonder if the alarm is working correctly or not.

Regards, 

Alex

11 REPLIES 11
One time poster
Message 2 of 12
Message 2 of 12

Re: Upcoming alarm notification not showing

Hi there, same problem here. Alarm notification on home screen/status bar is completely missing after the latest update.

Pioneer
Message 3 of 12
Message 3 of 12

Hi @tomxz1c; @alexhdkn;

I test it in my XZ Premium (same firmware 47.1.A.12.179) and I do get the notification in the the status bar and notifications menu when there are 30 minutes for an upcoming alarm.

Commissioner
Message 4 of 12
Message 4 of 12

The upcoming alarm notification displays sometimes for me, maybe once for every five alarms? Can't pinpoint any behaviour for when it does and doesn't appear. I think I've always had this issue though (all the way back to October update) and not something that has started recently.

Edit: Sorry, to make it clearer:

- The alarm clock icon that sits in the status bar when the alarm is set (next to the WiFi & signal icon) always displays (no issue)

- It is the separate upcoming alarm notification (which appears 30 mins before the alarm is due to sound) which seems to work sporadically

Pioneer
Message 5 of 12
Message 5 of 12

Hi @Damo_;

I tested it several times and for every time the upcoming alarm notification appeared always, maybe test your device in safe mode to see if same thing happens. 

Commissioner
Message 6 of 12
Message 6 of 12

Thanks @NunoSEN2, tried that previously but no difference unfortiunately. Also done numerous software repairs over the past few months for a range of other issues but doesn't help. Not end of the world, just another XZ1C thing you learn to live with...

Adept
Message 7 of 12
Message 7 of 12

Exactly, it's the notification that disappeared.

Edit: I would like to add that the same day that i opened the thread the alarm didn't ring, it only happened that day but still I fear that my phone won't ring in the mornings. Can someone at Sony explore the issue? 

Pioneer
Message 8 of 12
Message 8 of 12

Same thing is happening to me on XZ1 (same version 179). The notification sometimes comes up, sometimes not, for the same 8 am alarm (for the other alarms, at earlier hours, the notification is there) . I can not relate this behaviour to any certain action and since between 7:30 & 8 if I turn the alarm off and on the notification comes up, I can assume that it is the clock app at fault.

Pioneer
Message 9 of 12
Message 9 of 12

Well, I did some more testing and what seems to happen is that if you set the alarm to repeat several days it only shows the notification on the first alarm. 

Apprentice
Message 10 of 12
Message 10 of 12

I have just updated my XZ1 to the latest version too and the alarm still not functioning. The notificafions of upcoming alarm and the alarm display were just okay, but no sound came out. Can Sony do something about this? Thank you.