account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Unable to answer calls when inside transparent case, because of proximity sensor

Highlighted
Message 1 of 1
Message 1 of 1

Unable to answer calls when inside transparent case, because of proximity sensor

When my phone is in a transparent waterproof case / bag for wet activities like water sports or hiking, the case material seems to block infrared light from reaching the proximity sensor. So when I receive a call, I am unable to answer it because the touchscreen is deactivated due to the proximity sensor not receiving infrared light.  I believe almost all phone cases / bags will block infrared light.

So then is there a method to answer a telephone call without having to remove the phone from the bag? Since it is quite difficult to get it out in time before the ringing stops. Also, it may not be safe to remove the phone from the waterproof bag when in wet environments.

And please, if Sony Support replies, please do not publicy write my name in your reply.