account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

USB 3 support

One time poster
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

USB 3 support

Hello folks,

I am looking for a handy and compact Smartphone packed with awesome technology and it seems the Xperia XZ1 Compact would be the perfect choice for me. But as stated on several websites (not clearly on the official specification site though) this phone only supports USB 2.0 which is a huge bummer for me.

So my question is: Are there any plans for an update giving this phone USB 3.0 (or better 3.1) support? It would be really awesome if you ask me Slightly smiling Face

Best regards

Joe

5 REPLIES 5
Emperor
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: USB 3 support

@Joesenf

It's supposed to be similar to the Xperia XZ1 

https://developer.sonymobile.com/products/phones/specification/xperiaxz1/

• Connectivity:
  • A-GNSS (GPS + GLONASS)[5]
  • WiFi Miracast
  • Bluetooth® 5.0 wireless technology
  • DLNA Certified®
  • Google Cast
  • NFC
  • USB 3.1 Gen 1[5] / USB Type-C™

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

@uliwooly But the Devolpment Profile of the XZ1 Compact also doesn't mention USB3 specifically

Connectivity:

• A-GNSS (GPS + GLONASS)[5]
  • WiFi Miracast
  • Bluetooth® 5.0 wireless technology
  • DLNA Certified®
  • Google Cast
  • NFC
  • USB Type-C™

So I guess this phone really just has USB2.0 or am I wrong? If not will there be an update so the compact version of XZ1 will also have USB3?

Talent
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Visitor
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

So no chance of getting an update/a patch for this phone which enables USB3 support?

Adviser
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

The XZ1 does support USB3 (Gen1) with the right cable (ie. the UCB30 Sony cable)

--
Xperia XZ1 Dual (G8342) on Android O
Xperia XZ1 Compact (G8441) on Android O