account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Sony xperia xz1 compact:screen keeps freezing

SOLVED
Highlighted
Adviser
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Sony xperia xz1 compact:screen keeps freezing

Recently, after the previous update, my screen just goes black fir no reason, it's not locked or anything, I'm just bruwsibf the net, & the page just goes black, I have to press on the screen or sth to bring it back.

Now after the latest update, my screen keeps freezing, eg my phone is tuning & I keep pressing on the green button to answer but nothing happens. Or I'm bruwsibf & I press on a page to get a drop down lent & nothing....

Sony told me to do a system restart & now send in for repair. But I wish to know the cause. Thank you guys in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Adviser
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Re: Sony xperia xz1 compact:screen keeps freezing

I unistall Ed all the new apps I had installed & still had problem. I went through the apps updates in Play Store & I suspect its one of the ones installed with the latest update. I removed them & so far so good. Thank you kindly for your help 😊

5 REPLIES 5
Emperor
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

@Red33 

hard to tell, what I would've done is first test it in Safe mode, if you still experience the same issue, it's time to repair it wiht Xperia Companion 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Adviser
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

OK. Thank you. I'll try in safe mode for a few hours & see what happens. It seems to be happening at least once per hour. I also unistall all latest apps.

But I suspect there's a problem with the phone sensor because when I'm typing now in safe mode, the screen 'jumps'

Adviser
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

It hasn't happened in safe mode. What does that mean? 🙂

Emperor
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

@Red33 

That an app it's acting up, not a preloaded app but an app that you've installed 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Adviser
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

I unistall Ed all the new apps I had installed & still had problem. I went through the apps updates in Play Store & I suspect its one of the ones installed with the latest update. I removed them & so far so good. Thank you kindly for your help 😊