account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Software update spam

Adviser
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Software update spam

I have turned off all settings for automatic update. I do not want the latest patch that will slow my phone considerably. I have set my phone to block yet I keep getting this message pop up several times a day. 

Screenshot_20190317-235647.png

2 REPLIES 2
Commissioner
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Software update spam

I can't see your photo yet, but if you do the following you will not have the annoying reminder constantly on your Status Bar, but you will still see a reminder when you reboot your phone or pull down the Status Bar.

Go to Settings - Apps & notifications - App info - press the 3 dots - Show System - Software Update - App Notifications - open each of the 4 categories and change the importance to Low and turn all the other sliders off. 

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Software update spam

Oh OK.

Yes I already did as you say. But like you mention, I think dragging down the status bar fires up the spam message. I have turned off everything and then some! Even tried shutting down system apps and blocking notifications on things like xperia assist, update, ect ect.