account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Smart Lock empty after update

Adviser
Message 1 of 137
Message 1 of 137

Smart Lock empty after update

Today I had to update the Android software on my 10-days old (new Winking Face) telephone. Since the update the Smart Lock option doesn't work anymore. When I tried to figure out what was wrong I discovered that the Smart Lock screen is empty. The options I saw before are gone. So I cannot set Smart Lock anymore. Am I the only one with this problem? Does any of you know how I can fix this?

136 REPLIES 136
One time poster
Message 2 of 137
Message 2 of 137

Re: Smart Lock empty after update

Me too, With XZ1

Regular
Message 3 of 137
Message 3 of 137

Me three, on XZ1 since 47.1.A.2.374 update yesterday

Adviser
Message 4 of 137
Message 4 of 137

Same here! Which is lame, because now the screen off 'ok google' detection becomes less useful (it won't do a lot of things because the device stays locked).

How about we get updates that *fix* things instead of just introducing more bugs?

Talent
Message 5 of 137
Message 5 of 137

See my solution in xz1 thread 

Adviser
Message 6 of 137
Message 6 of 137

I'm on a holiday now. I don't know what I did, but I see the options again in the Smart Lock screen. Maybe bacause I switched my telephone off and on several times the last few days?

Regular
Message 7 of 137
Message 7 of 137

Same here... Smart lock is gone after last update! Any tips how to fix it? 🧟‍♂️ 

Regular
Message 8 of 137
Message 8 of 137

Profyler1 posted this solution in XZ1 thread:

Its a android 8 bug

Solution:

Disable trusted agents on security settings. 

Restart phone

Enable security settings. Thats it. 

Enthusiast
Message 9 of 137
Message 9 of 137

thank you for the solution, it worked for me, i did have the problem after i updated my xz1 and i factory reset it and it was a waste of a whole day but worked for a min then i got that blank screen again. but i wanted to thank you so much for resolving this to us in a simple way. 

Adviser
Message 10 of 137
Message 10 of 137

Somehow I keep running in to this issue even after fixing it with the 'security agents' setting.

Has anyone been able to fix it in a way that persists? Right now I can't rely on being able to use my phone using my voice - as it might be locked again because of this bug.