account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Smart Lock empty after update

Adviser
Message 111 of 137
Message 111 of 137

Re: Smart Lock empty after update

I don't know what you guys still have hope. I've sold my Xperia XZ1 a month after since the issue was first noted. Any other phone manufacturer would've fixed it in weeks. It's sad that it's been so long and xz2 is already out. 

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 112 of 137
Message 112 of 137

Just been reading this thread on the Oneplus 5, seems to indicate it's a Google issue not specific to Sony

https://forums.androidcentral.com/oneplus-5-5t/832078-smart-lock-page-empty.html

One time poster
Message 113 of 137
Message 113 of 137

Thank you, that worked for me.

Visitor
Message 114 of 137
Message 114 of 137

XZ1 compact smartlock does not work

XZ1 compact smartlock does not work

Message 115 of 137
Message 115 of 137

Re: XZ1 compact smartlock does not work

Hi @ruescha01

Can you elaborate on what is happening please.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Talent
Message 116 of 137
Message 116 of 137

@viridis wrote:

Hi @ruescha01

Can you elaborate on what is happening please.

read the first post or tread history.

Enthusiast
Message 117 of 137
Message 117 of 137

There are a few references to this problem online with Oneplus, Pixel and other phones affected. It's also mentioned Googles support page as well as XDA developers

https://support.google.com/websearch/forum/AAAAgtjJeM40Asl5g_VrBc/?hl=en

Apprentice
Message 118 of 137
Message 118 of 137

Yes, it seems a google problem, not Sony's... 

Visitor
Message 119 of 137
Message 119 of 137

Smart lock funktioniert nicht. Meistens sind die Einstellungen einfach weg. Hab schon den Trust Agent ein und ausgeschaltet und das Telefon neu gestartet.

Smart lock does not work. Mostly the settings are just gone. Already turned the Trust Agent on and off and restarted the phone.

Gt

Visitor
Message 120 of 137
Message 120 of 137

Dear SONY developers!

I understand that I have to disable GOOGLE Smart Lock in Trusted Agents menu, restart and enable it again. But I have to do this procedure every morning or sometimes twice a day because my XZ1 Compact restarts itself occationally. And it is annoying: both, the self restarting and the need to surf in settings menu every morning.

Will you, dear SONY, do anything about it? I  understand it is a GOOGLE (Android) issue and you don't care. But I, as a user and your client, suffer.. I didn't pay to GOOGLE to have a reliable tool for everyday work, I paid you, SONY (via local reseller). In my opinion it is your responsibility, dear SONY, to work out the solution.

I realize that SONY people avoid this forum - there is no real solution for so many months. However, I have informed that there is one more SONY client who used to love the compact series phone..