account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Slow wifi since system update

Message 21 of 30
Message 21 of 30

Re: Slow wifi since system update

My hope is that next security update or Oreo 8.1 will resolve the issues. 

One time poster
Message 22 of 30
Message 22 of 30

I am also having this problem. I've contacted sony but what they are telling me to do is not working. It's a nightmare. Im eating up all my monthly data in lightning time. Any help? I've tried all the usual. It started after the last update. 

Enthusiast
Message 23 of 30
Message 23 of 30

Do you know what i'm sick of already? The standard copy and pasted replies from the support email. It's clear that more than one person is replying and that no-one is actually reading them.

I have suggested that they come and read this thread but unfortunately i can't see that happening.

Also does anyany else have problems with typing in here or just me? When i  click on the predicted words its a jumble of different words that appears in the box. (only happens in this forum) 

Message 24 of 30
Message 24 of 30

They already mentioned that they will working on fix the WiFi issue caused by the January Security update in other thread in XZ1 or XZ Premium subforum. 

Message 25 of 30
Message 25 of 30

Can anyone confirm that their WiFi is no longer slower when you disable the WiFi scanning in the location on the lock screen and security menu? 

Enthusiast
Message 26 of 30
Message 26 of 30

Just turned mine off so I'll let you know. My wifi isn't just slow it stops completely 

Message 27 of 30
Message 27 of 30

Nevermind. The slow WiFi is back after like 45 mins of surfing on the Reddit app. Lol. Was nice when it lasts. Can't wait for the March update 

Forum Legend
Message 28 of 30
Message 28 of 30

does the problem happen when you are on safe mode?

or how about doing speedtests ?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Learn to take care and troubleshoot your Device here:
Xperia Support by Sony: https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/
Message 29 of 30
Message 29 of 30

It's more like starting fine but the download arrow on the WiFi symbol disappeared after about 5-15 mins which cause the phone unable to loading the contents into the website or apps. 

Enthusiast
Message 30 of 30
Message 30 of 30

Driving me insane, snowed in and can't even use wifi. Has anyone had any help whatsoever from support on this?

I am under contract to o2 for the nxt 22 months. Does anyone know if I am able to change my phone but keep my contract as i feel that we are getting 0 help from sony support. 0 offers of compensation for having to upgrade contract to gain more data due to no wifi.

I feel like because it's not everyone with the wifi issue that we are being completely ignored.

I wish I'd never changed from my z5. But the lack of communication from Sony on this has put me off ever having another phone from them.