account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Slow wifi since system update

Commissioner
Message 11 of 30
Message 11 of 30

Re: Slow wifi since system update

@jeremyan wrote:

I am relatively speaking "new" to the Android "ecosystem"...

It is MADDENING to see all the bugs and fingerpointing with Android and its apps!  Nobody is accountable with Android. Do you blame the phone manufacturer? do you blame Google? do you blame the big name app developer? do you blame Linus Torvalds? do you blame the carrier? do you blame some chipset manufacturer? do you blame Amazon for putting their ads on the lockscreen? You need a PhD and linux kernel experience to truly diagnose anything, and my current experience across 3 different devices all exhibit different, critical bugs (failing alarm clocks, anyone?)

And all we get are these weak "community support" forums (with all due respect, everyone), rather than having some real support structures in place.

Based on your post history I'd suggest a more closed eco-system such as this may be more suited to your experience requirements. They also have a support forum where you can openly share your constructive insight. 

Adviser
Message 12 of 30
Message 12 of 30

No success for me. 

Wifi connection is terrible, very slow, keeps reporting no connection, other devices working fine so router not at fault.

To be honest, standard users should not need to enter developer mode just to get the device  to work as it should.

WiFi connection is almost unusable as it stands, need Sony to correct this asap as device was stellar  prior to upgrade. 

Highlighted
Message 13 of 30
Message 13 of 30

Slow Wifi since January Security Update

I tried everything. Reset the router, changing the WiFi channel, reset the phone back to factory and two solutions suggested by someone here. I'm curious how many XZ1/XZ1C owners still have this problem after you tried one of those solutions? 

I hope that 8.1 oreo or February security update will fix this issue. 

Learner
Message 14 of 30
Message 14 of 30

I've tried everything and its still the same. Very disappointing there's no response from Sony either. Had a previous sony xperia z5 and both phones have been brilliant until this

Learner
Message 15 of 30
Message 15 of 30

Re: Slow Wifi since January Security Update

Mine is still the same and i have tried similar things to you. Disappointing there's no solutions from Sony too

Adviser
Message 16 of 30
Message 16 of 30

wrote:

I am relatively speaking "new" to the Android "ecosystem"...

It is MADDENING to see all the bugs and fingerpointing with Android and its apps!  Nobody is accountable with Android. Do you blame the phone manufacturer? do you blame Google? do you blame the big name app developer? do you blame Linus Torvalds? do you blame the carrier? do you blame some chipset manufacturer? do you blame Amazon for putting their ads on the lockscreen? You need a PhD and linux kernel experience to truly diagnose anything, and my current experience across 3 different devices all exhibit different, critical bugs (failing alarm clocks, anyone?)

And all we get are these weak "community support" forums (with all due respect, everyone), rather than having some real support structures in place.

PS - Sony, could you PLEASE fix the distorted camera bug for the USA models?! You fixed it for the rest of the world months ago.  Are you just waiting to finish certifying the T-Mobile stuff??  Please just throw us a bone here with an ETA because you are not showing any love for the USA, and that was a fatal flaw for some other, former, manufacturers...

It could be that T-Mobile is taking forever to finish certifying Sony stuff, so T-Mobile might be the real culprit who delays the updates.  That's the problem with a branded phone....

Inhabitant
Message 17 of 30
Message 17 of 30

Yeah, exactly... but the thing is tho that it's not actually "branded" !!

My guess is based on that they made a point of this xz1 being specially compatible with tmo... so maybe there is a "special" relationship of some sort that is hanging this up... which I'm fine with, I just wish they would give us ANY info about why they haven't patched us up yet, camera distortion bugs and all outstanding.

...I'm still a bit confused given that 2 other manufacturer's android devices unbranded/unlocked work fine with tmobile wifi calling, and they also get the monthly security patches... hmph

Inhabitant
Message 18 of 30
Message 18 of 30

Hey GBH, what speedtest speeds are you seeing, vs what are you expecting?

With the Jan patch I'm seeing 30Mbps down on a 200 connection... another wireless android device next to it is seeing 60

That doesn't trouble me any... are you seeing something like this?  Or, are the speeds you are seeing more aligned with the kilobaud range?

Commissioner
Message 19 of 30
Message 19 of 30

After updating today, no wifi problems here, 21 mbps down/3.5 up, which is fairly typical when running the particular test I've used in the past.

So, it's apparently not a universal problem.

Enthusiast
Message 20 of 30
Message 20 of 30

Came here because of the same problem. Hoping to find the answer and avoid a factory reset