account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Ringtone keeps resetting itself to "none"

Highlighted
Learner
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Ringtone keeps resetting itself to "none"

The ringtone keeps resetting itself to"none". It goes without saying it is easy to miss calls with no ringtone. Any suggestions how to solve this?

Regards, Tom 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Ringtone keeps resetting itself to "none"

No one out there with an answer to this? I have the same problem end of 2018 and so far found no solution. I also of course have no idea what triggered this problem with my Xperia XZ premium. It was just there from about November 2018. I set the ringtone back (does not matter which one, orginal sony ringtones, ringtones additionally bought, ringtone coming from a song. All worked before without any problems and still do. It's just that after some time and I never detected when exactly, but my guess is within one hour the setting goes back to 'no ringtone', in fact the description is 'none'. The incoming calls do not ring anymore and immediately go to mailbox. Vibration also does not work. Anyone out there who knows about this problem?

Pioneer
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Hi @FatherOfThunder;

Have you tried restarting the phone in safe mode and use it for a while in safe mode to see if same thing happens? 

Just to discard any third party app causing the issue. 

Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Thanks NunoSEN2, this is the right path. In my case with just over 150 apps I had to use some intelligence and also some skill in internet search to solve the problem. In the end it usually is quite obvious and only a few apps qualify for being the possible source of an error/bug. The question is what app has a higher percentage of possibility that it has some (even though sometimes problematic) reason to influence / change settings that are the source of your problem. In my case it was ring (the door and other cameras app). It seems that whenever the motion detector was triggered, for some reason ring changed my system settings with the result of the phone ringtone (only the phone incoming call ringtone) switching to 'none'. So in this case, in the app info / settings, within the ring camera app, I deactivated the automatic permission for 'Modify system settings' (this setting is NOT under permissions which makes it a bit more difficult to find. Go to the general phone settings and from there to 'apps & notifications', '>see all apps, go to the desired app, in this case 'ring', then go lower to 'Advanced', click on 'Advanced' and then you can find 'Modify system settings' and set it to 'not allowed'. So far I do not know what else the deactivation might trigger in ring version 3.8.0, but so far the system continues to work and my ringtone seems to be back and remain active.