account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

Quick questions, quick replies; ask anything about the Xperia XZ1 Compact!

Message 31 of 166
Message 31 of 166

Re: Quick questions, quick replies; ask anything about the Xperia XZ1 Compact!

@albelTW I used to use Xperia X (still have it) and it always required turning the screen on for the fingerprint unlock to work. just touching the scanner when the screen was off without pressing the power button wouldn't do anything.

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 32 of 166
Message 32 of 166

@najodleglejszy thank you for answering. I come from a Z1 Compact so this is my first phone with a fingerprint scanner and I did not know what was the normal behaviour. Anyway I'm happy with it, since I can turn on the screen with a light touch without unlocking the phone. 

Learner
Message 33 of 166
Message 33 of 166

I am coming from a z5compact, and was wondering if there is a way to assist the vibration settings for the fingerprint sensor. On the x 5 you r a bit of feedback when you unlock the phone, but there is no vibration on the xz1 compact.

Thanks

One time poster
Message 34 of 166
Message 34 of 166

Does xz1 compact have hall effect sensor?

One time poster
Message 35 of 166
Message 35 of 166

Translation via Google Translate:

I'm curious at all on top of aluminum is not dense, namely the gap between the glass?

Мне интересно у всех с верху алюминий не плотно стоит, а именно щель между стеклом? 

Regular
Message 36 of 166
Message 36 of 166

I upgrade from Sony Xperia Z3 compact. I found that one useful feature 'double tap wake screen' was missing. It really useful for me cause sometimes I just want to check my notifications or datetime at lock screen. 

That is no reason for removing this such useful feature. I suggest that bring back that 'double tap wake screen', then let user to enable or disable the featur on their on. 

One time poster
Message 37 of 166
Message 37 of 166

When I send or receive a txt message it also shows up in message,why?

Message 38 of 166
Message 38 of 166

@Revird wrote:

When I send or receive a txt message it also shows up in message,why?

In messages, settings, advanced,.. 

What does it say under "phone number"?

Does it say unknown or a number.?

If it is your own phone number, do not post it here, but delete it so it says unknown.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Regular
Message 39 of 166
Message 39 of 166

What is the max amperage you got from qc 3.0? I got 2A with Sony qc and 1.4A with aukey qc pa-y2.. Does this mean that xz1 compact qc can't work with aukey charger? And does 2A categorize as qc 3.0 already? 

Visitor
Message 40 of 166
Message 40 of 166

I replaced my iphone7 because I wanted a smaller phone with better camera. I remember my mum using an xperia before and camera was fantastic. Not sure what model it was. Based in that, Ive decided to get the xz1 compact. The camera is really bad. No matter what I do it is grainy and blurry. I am not sure. What to do bec i really like the look and feel of this compact phone. Is there any way the camera can improve? Perhaps a software update can fix the problem? Otherwise I can only get an iphone se to have a small phone but still a better camera than this. Help.