account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Quick questions, quick replies; ask anything about the Xperia XZ1 Compact!

Message 11 of 184
Message 11 of 184

Re: Quick questions, quick replies; ask anything about the Xperia XZ1 Compact!

@Sonybob have you checked in Camera options? the toggle should be there.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 12 of 184
Message 12 of 184

Hi @Sonybob,

I just had a look in an Xperia XZ1 Compact and the option was indeed present! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Rookie
Message 13 of 184
Message 13 of 184

Thank you!

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 14 of 184
Message 14 of 184

I've the PC Companion 2.1 which came with the Z5 Compact. It refuses to update my XZ1 Compact and says I need to use the Xperia Companion.

@TheRealEasy wrote:

to 2)

The "old" PC Companion detects the XZ1 Compact.

I use the updated version, which was included with the XCompact.

Visitor
Message 15 of 184
Message 15 of 184

hey, a UK bought unlocked xz1 compact, will work with a Canadian SimCard right?

One time poster
Message 16 of 184
Message 16 of 184

Hi, 

May I know the complete list of the 3G/4G Band supported by XZ1 compact which sold in Taiwan?

I need to use it during my global travel so the information is very important to me. I search in the Sony's official website and also search any option in the phone, but can not get the answer.

Would you please help it? Thanks a lot. 

One time poster
Message 17 of 184
Message 17 of 184

I would like to ask about auto-naming of photos and videos. I saw some threads about this topic years ago. Back in the day it wasnt possible and i believe, there was suggestion sent to Sony about that for future "update".

So, is this option in the phone? because I cant find it :/

JE3
One time poster
Message 18 of 184
Message 18 of 184

Hi!

I am very happy with the new phone. I jumped the previous one and stuck with the Z5 until now. 

But! Does the XZ1 support SIM access profile? I know it is somewhat spotty on other Sony models. I would like to use my phone in my car with the inbuilt functionality of the car.

Thanks!

Jan

Learner
Message 19 of 184
Message 19 of 184

hi, i am a xz 1 compact user, after one week of use, i found two issue and wondering sony could do sth on them

first , the album , all photoes in my xz1c are sorted without logic, it just simply put whatever i saved into the mainpage of the album , which is unreasonable. Even the third party app knows to save the pic or video in an isolated folder,but i enter the folder only to found a mess.

Secondly, could u pls make the bottom bar hideable or at least transparent like samsumg can do to make full use of the screen? as u know the xz1c screen is not big enough to contain a black bar which extremely reduce the usable area.

Message 20 of 184
Message 20 of 184

@ericgo Album's default view indeed shows all pictures from all folders in one place. however, you can slide from the left edge of the screen and choose Folders to see the folder view.