account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Possible to migrate ALL data from XZ1 Compact to X Compact?

SOLVED
Commissioner
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Possible to migrate ALL data from XZ1 Compact to X Compact?

I would like to create an exact copy of my current XZ1 Compact setup, including homescreens with the webpage shortcuts I've added and everything else, on an Xperia X Compact that I also have. Is this possible using Sony software or perhaps a 3rd party application?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Pioneer
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Re: Possible to migrate ALL data from XZ1 Compact to X Compact?

@pseudonym

As long as you check also Xperia home layout when selecting what to transfer, it should bring it all. Last time I used it a bit over a month ago when transfering XA to XZ1 and it brougth all folders and all contents on Home screen (I have 4 folders, one of them including 8 shortcuts to different web pages).

3 REPLIES 3
Pioneer
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

@pseudonym

From Sony software, Xperia transfer should be suitable https://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/apps-services/xperia-transfer/#gref. I use it every time I change my phone. 

I don't know about 3rd party apps. 

Commissioner
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

@Roadrunny76

Thanks for your reply.

Are you sure that Xperia transfer will include all data from home screens? I am using the default Sony launcher.

Highlighted
Pioneer
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

@pseudonym

As long as you check also Xperia home layout when selecting what to transfer, it should bring it all. Last time I used it a bit over a month ago when transfering XA to XZ1 and it brougth all folders and all contents on Home screen (I have 4 folders, one of them including 8 shortcuts to different web pages).