account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Photo buffer

Apprentice
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Photo buffer

Has anyone noticed their phone has to almost buffer pictures it takes? 

When I take a picture, at first glance it looks like crap, but if I keep that picture open, within about 5 seconds it clears up and looks great. It's as if the phone has to finish processing after the picture is taken. Same seems to happen when looking at previous pictures taken, it takes a few seconds for the pictures to clear up. I've never seen this happen other than on the XZ1C.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Photo buffer

I've never seen this on my XZ1C. Have you tried going into the Camera App info > Storage then Clear Data & Clear Cache? Maybe try that on the Album app too.

Also, does it do this both if superior auto and manual mode? If just manual maybe its a setting that has been changed.

Talent
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

I know what you mean. When you open a picture and zoom in very close on it, it looks like  and after 1-3 secs it clears up. My phone does the same. All of my pictures are stored on sd card, I jus tried with a photo stored in internal storage and the effect is still vissible but it clears up much faster (under half a sec). So maybe this is the reason.. when you open a pic it loads up a thumbnail from the cache and when you zoom in it has to load from the sd card and makes it slower.

Apprentice
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Yeah, definitely takes a bit longer when pictures are saved to SD, but still a weird phenomenon esp with the level of hardware inside. It's not a deal breaker by any means, just odd. 

Apprentice
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Clearing cashe doesn't fix it, first thing I tried. Even did the system cache clear, thinking it would help. It's not a big issue, just funny when I show people pictures and they ask, why they're so crappy at first...until it clears. Their go to reaction is, "oh next time don't buy a small POS phone lol." 

Talent
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Offer them a speed test vs their phone and when they get destroyed they will shut up. Grinning Face 

A friend of mine asked for a speed test vs his S8... He was like: d*mn this thing flies.