account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Ongoing wifi issues even after update to 47.1.a.12.119

Regular
Message 11 of 19
Message 11 of 19

Re: Ongoing wifi issues even after update to 47.1.a.12.119

Dear folks,

i can confirm, that the WLAN issues depends on the enviroment and the signal strenght. At some places with WLAN it´s working and at others not... You can try doing a software repair with Xperia Companion software. I recogniced differences doing an incremental OTA update or reflushing the whole firmware, with same patch level.

I´m on April 1. firmware at this time... If May update is getting available, i will repair the phone to this new version. Hopefully something will change to better..

Best regards

prtigger

Learner
Message 12 of 19
Message 12 of 19

Just installed the .145 update and wifi is still broken.

I'm in contact with my local store for full refund for my device.

Too bad. I quite liked the Compact series, but I guess I have to look elsewhere now :/

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 13 of 19
Message 13 of 19

Same as before. April update installed, WIFI disconnecting and not reconnecting at least once a day, only reboot helps. But I'm not sure I can get a full refund because of this, so guess I'm stuck with this problem. What I don't get is why only some people have these issuies and others (majority?) don't.

Enthusiast
Message 14 of 19
Message 14 of 19

bought the XZ1 compact in Oct17 and remembered having wifi issue (requiring reboot to connect successfully back to home wifi).  

after subsequent update this problem has gone - just letting you know my experience.  Now updating to .119 version.

One time poster
Message 15 of 19
Message 15 of 19

Same issue here, luckily I got the phone about a week ago so I can still return it

One time poster
Message 16 of 19
Message 16 of 19

I'm rocking the .145 version and in my case wi-fi connection is mainained properly without disconnects but internet doesn't work, so it's even worse as I don't know what's going on most of the time. Reconnecting fixes the issue for a few minutes.

Message 17 of 19
Message 17 of 19

Tested on multiple APs:

• TP-Link Archer C50 : disconnects and reconnects really fast
  • TP-Link AV600: works just fine for a few minutes, and then started disconnecting, some APs started disappearing from the list of available APs, then started reappearing, then got stable again for a few minutes, and repeated the whole thing
  • DLink DIR803: working just fine for a few hours
  • DLink DIR615 with DDWRT: worked just fine for a few minutes, but didn't tested long enough
Learner
Message 18 of 19
Message 18 of 19

Just bought a new XZ1 compact (updated to 47.1.a.16.20), wifi keeps disconnecting 2-3times/day.

Often even when wifi is showing connection, I still cannot access to network.. phone is almost unusable.

Upgraded from X compact (which I never had any problems with) and was excited for XZ1 Wifi-Call capability since my apartment has very bad signal. Now cannot use it.

Is there some fix coming for this??

Learner
Message 19 of 19
Message 19 of 19

Uppp. Anyone comments on this?