account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Notification light was causing missed calls and messages.

Highlighted
Learner
Message 1 of 1
Message 1 of 1

Notification light was causing missed calls and messages.

There have been a few posts about the notification light not blinking when a message arrives or a phone call missed. I experienced the same issues recently and was at the end of my tether, as it worked fine before.

Through messing around with settings I have solved the problem on my XZ1 Compact, and I hope it will help others too. I am no tech expert, so please accept my apologies for my basic explaination;

Firstly go to "Settings"

Select "Apps & notifications"

Select "See all 60* apps"     * Or however many apps you have installed.

Tap right hand corner menu at the top, 3 vertical dots.

Select "Reset app preferences"

Reset Apps

Reboot / Restart phone.

Once restarted you may be prompted to update apps ( 18 in my case )

I did this and my notification light worked for missed calls and Whatsapp messages received. Emails sent using GMail however, still were missed as no notification light blinked. The fix I found for this was;

Go into GMail

Tap menu on left side ( 3 horizontal lines )

Select "Settings"

Tap on your email address ( under general settings )

Select " Manage notifications"

Make sure " Show notifications " is switched on ( Lit up blue )

Select " Behaviour" then select "Make a sound"

Select " Advanced "

Select "Blink light" and "Show notification dot", also "Vibrate" if you want.

After completing all of the above, my notification light blinks when I have a missed call, Whatsapp or email message. I really hope this will work for other forum users, as I came close to getting another phone because of this issue. Now I can return to enjoying my XZ1 Compact, and know I will not miss future notifications!