account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

No more auto wifi kill in standby? android pie

Adept
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

No more auto wifi kill in standby? android pie

I cannot find the option to auto kill WiFi during standby anymore in Pie. Is it removed? Are there alternatives? Auto kill saved me a ton of battery...

7 REPLIES 7
Adept
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: No more auto wifi kill in standby? android pie

Also no more option for WPS connection?

Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

Hi @Mehmeh!

I have received some more information about this now and it has been removed in Android Pie, however the Adaptive Battery feature now ensures that the Wi-Fi uses as little battery power as possible.

Regarding the WPS push button, please see my reply here.

Have a nice day! Grinning Face with smiling Eyes

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Adept
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

Well seeing a 5-8 times higher standby battery drain, it doesn't seem like an improvement, does it?

Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

Hi @Mehmeh, please see the PM that I sent you a while ago regarding the battery running out faster!

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

What was the PM?

I miss wifi kill a whole lot

Visitor
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

What information do you have about the battery running out faster?

I'm experiencing the same without wifi kill.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

Hi @Yupp, I asked for some further information.

Wi-Fi still being active in standby should not really have a big impact on the battery life as it will only check if there is still a connection from time to time, and if the connection is good, this will not impact the battery life that much.

If you experience battery drain while the device is in idle, try and restart the device in safe mode and keep it in this mode for example when you are sleeping so we can see if any downloaded application is causing this as they are temporarily disabled while the device is rebooted in safe mode.

Keep me posted!