account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

No fm radio, no double tap to wake / sleep

SOLVED
Learner
Message 51 of 70
Message 51 of 70

Tip Implement "double tap" again to turn on the screen.

Very good

I wanted to suggest an improvement to implement if feasible, in future Software updates.

It would be the return to put the "double Tap" to turn on and off the screen of the device, as it worked for example in the Z5.

Thanks and regards.

Enthusiast
Message 52 of 70
Message 52 of 70

Re: Tip Implement "double tap" again to turn on the screen.

I think it's related to SD835 not supporting this feature, not only software isse.

Learner
Message 53 of 70
Message 53 of 70

Well, it's a pity.

I liked that function, for simplicity and because it saved countless presses to the power button, extending your life.

Adviser
Message 54 of 70
Message 54 of 70

Absolutely dismayed to find that my XZ1c didn't have FM radio when I tried to listen to the F1 commentary at the Bahrain GP yesterday... What a joke! 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 55 of 70
Message 55 of 70

Hello everyone,

@Jaco_ma1, I totally see your point and I'll make sure to forward this internally as user feedback, however do note that the information I have available is that this feature is not supported in the Xperia XZ1 Compact.

@reikar, I'm afraid that I don't have any information as to why this feature is not available apart from that it's not supported by the device.

@Naks, sorry to hear that.

I'm afraid that the hardware in the Xperia XZ1 Compact does not support FM-radio, that is why it's not available in the device.

If you want to listen to radio, you will need to use an application or a web radio to stream the program of your liking.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 56 of 70
Message 56 of 70

Missing double tap to wake up

Why new Xperia don't support "double tap to wake" up screen?
I'm a disable user and think I it's crazy that Sony has removed the function (my old Z3 Compact was better)
thanks.

One time poster
Message 57 of 70
Message 57 of 70

Re: Missing double tap to wake up

those are the reasons why i am selling my xz1c after only 2 days of usage

Adviser
Message 58 of 70
Message 58 of 70

Double touch xz1 compact

Somos muchos los que anhelamos la opción de doble toque para encender la pantalla sin que se desbloquee. La verdad es que es algo muy útil para poder ver si nos han mandado algún tipo de mensaje, para mirar la hora etcétera.

No sé el motivo exacto por el cual Sony ha decidido quitarlo pero desde los usuarios os queremos decir que lo volváis a poner o por lo menos algo similar más que nada para no tener que estar apretando el botón de encendido y apagado constantemente. Lo que pasa con este botón de encendido y apagado que tenemos en el xZ1 compact es que está me reconoce la huella digital y por lo tanto cada vez que lo apretamos el teléfono se enciende sin pasar por la pantalla de bloqueo, así que señores de Sony esperemos que la siguiente actualización de nuestro xZ1 compact la pongáis por favor. 

We are many who long for the option of double touch to turn on the screen without unlocking. The truth is that it is very useful to see if we have sent some kind of message, to watch the time and so on.

I do not know the exact reason why Sony has decided to remove it but from the users we want to say that you put it back or at least something similar more than anything to avoid having to press the on / off button constantly. What happens with this on / off button that we have in the xZ1 compact is that it recognizes my fingerprint and therefore every time we press it the phone turns on without going through the lock screen, so Sony lords hopefully the next update of our xZ1 compact please put it. - GT

Adviser
Message 59 of 70
Message 59 of 70

Re: No fm radio, no double tap to wake / sleep

Somos muchos los que utilizamos el doble toque para encender y apagar el terminal.... No entiendo porque lo quitaron. Es una opción que el propio consumidor debería poder activarlo o desactivarlo

We are many who use the double touch to turn the terminal on and off .... I do not understand why they removed it. It is an option that the consumer should be able to activate or deactivate it

gt

Adviser
Message 60 of 70
Message 60 of 70

Re: Double tap to wake

Mi pregunta es, alguien de Sony ve esto?  Se interesa por los clientes? Porque estoy siguiendo este tema desde hace un par de semana y ninguno de Sony me dice el motivo exacto por el cual no lo implementa en el terminal. Incluso me han llegado a decir que contacte con Google, porque son ellos los que crean Android pié. Así que también entiendo que no sea un problema del harwae.

My question is, does someone from Sony see this? Are you interested in the customers? Because I have been following this topic for a couple of weeks and none of Sony tells me the exact reason why it is not implemented in the terminal. I have even been told to contact Google, because they are the ones who create Android foot. So I also understand that it is not a harwae problem.

gt