account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

No fm radio, no double tap to wake / sleep

SOLVED
Highlighted
Regular
Message 41 of 70
Message 41 of 70

Re: Please vote for smart double tap wake screen

I had face the same problem with you also, my z3 compact turn on the flash light, draining my phone battery. Like Xz1c said, l which what I do also, just don't face the screen to your leg will be no problem.

I agree that double tap sometimes it made trouble, but it also help me alot also. Actually my z3c smart double tap are able to enable or disable. I think should let user choose to enable or disable but not remove it ... cause there alot of people still happy with smart double tap....

One time poster
Message 42 of 70
Message 42 of 70

I love my z3c until the top screen touch stop working, it is very nice to have phone,

-Fm radio

-Double tap to wake

-flashlight using camera

-usb mass storage(sd card)

-magnetic dock

-4g only

What i was expecting when the z5, xc, or xz1 launch was

-double tap to wake with proximity(unfortunately sony's proximity is using much more battery)

-magentic or wireless charging

-better screen accuracy

-more voltage for headphone

-customizable vibration

-dual sim

Regular
Message 43 of 70
Message 43 of 70

I love Sony Compact series because of Z3C, same everything worked fine until now, but unfortunately same case as your Z3C, my top part screen have one line touch broken :'( but still running smooth ^^

One time poster
Message 44 of 70
Message 44 of 70

Buyer beware - NO FM Radio

Found out the hard way that the XZ compact does not have a FM radio, Why the heck not its not a big chip! The reason I chose the compact was I did not want a huge phone, even the compact is a bit big! compared to my old st18i which was a great little phone and had a radio!

Sony Xperia Support
Message 45 of 70
Message 45 of 70

Re: Buyer beware - NO FM Radio

Hi @Ian_Mac

Welcome to the community! 

I'm sorry to hear you are disappointed with the device due to this Slightly frowning Face

Have you tried downloading an FM Radio from the Play Store instead? 

Let me know Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Visitor
Message 46 of 70
Message 46 of 70

Double tap to wake

I just switched from my Z5 compact to a XZ1 compact and cannot find the double tap feature anymore. Can not be true Sony left this phantastic feature out ?

Forum Legend
Message 47 of 70
Message 47 of 70

Re: Double tap to wake

hello @Fiedalex

unfortunately the tap to wake was removed due to some bugs. as of the momment there is still no news as to when this feature will be added back

________________________________________________________________________________
The Man! The Myth! The Forum Legend! -Scott Sterling
Visitor
Message 48 of 70
Message 48 of 70

Re: Double tap to wake

What a shame. One of the most outstanding functions gone. Really thinking to roll back to Z5 compact, which is such a great buddy… 

Enthusiast
Message 49 of 70
Message 49 of 70

Re: Buyer beware - NO FM Radio

Typical Sony.

Sony PlayStation 4 (every version) cant read CDs no Audio, no PlayStation 1 nothing only dvds and Blu-ray (but no uhd...). Complete nonsense.

One time poster
Message 50 of 70
Message 50 of 70

FM Radio

I've been a avid user of Sony and Sony Ericsson phones for twenty years and every one has had a buit-in radio. The latest phones been removed. Very disappointed now I have to use an app that eats data and worst of all my battery extremely quick as its constantly using the Web.