account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

No fm radio, no double tap to wake / sleep

SOLVED
Adept
Message 1 of 70
Message 1 of 70

No fm radio, no double tap to wake / sleep

I tried the xz1 compact at ifa in Berlin. There they told me, it won't have fm radio and double tap to wake or sleep in the final version which will hit the market at the end of September. Is that true? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 8 of 70
Message 8 of 70

Re: No fm radio, no double tap to wake / sleep

Hello everyone!

I requested some information regarding these features and I have now received more information.

The hardware of Xperia XZ1 Compact does not support FM radio and the tap/double tap to wake feature is not supported in Xperia XZ1 Compact.

The information that @Georgge received at IFA was correct.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

69 REPLIES 69
Message 2 of 70
Message 2 of 70

@Georgge wrote:

I tried the xz1 compact at ifa in Berlin. There they told me, it won't have fm radio and double tap to wake or sleep in the final version which will hit the market at the end of September. Is that true? 

If that's what Sony told you at the event, I would take that as a firm answer, however, late additions are not unheard of.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 3 of 70
Message 3 of 70

FM radio?

I've been anxiously watching video walkthroughs but couldn't spot the FM radio app. Has this feature been removed, and if so then why? 

Sage
Message 4 of 70
Message 4 of 70

Re: FM radio?

Because, and I would really like to be contradicted, they don't care about user request.

One time poster
Message 5 of 70
Message 5 of 70

Sony shouldn't have removed the FM Radio from the XZ1 range, it's still a useful feature used by many current Xperia users and will no doubt lead to those users shunning these models for other brands. Not sure I understand the strategy behind disabling this feature.

Enthusiast
Message 6 of 70
Message 6 of 70

Is it me or is this always missing on Snapdragon 8xx phones these days? I'm pretty sure it's supported by the SOC, all I can think is that the network providers are deliberately preventing it so we spend more on data. 

Message 7 of 70
Message 7 of 70

that definitely used to be the case in the US, from what I've read.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 8 of 70
Message 8 of 70

Hello everyone!

I requested some information regarding these features and I have now received more information.

The hardware of Xperia XZ1 Compact does not support FM radio and the tap/double tap to wake feature is not supported in Xperia XZ1 Compact.

The information that @Georgge received at IFA was correct.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Sage
Message 9 of 70
Message 9 of 70

Thanks Jonas.

Would you please forward at least the double tap to wake request for implementation on our behalf? Maybe it's just a matter of firmware. 

At least, we should be give the option to enable it or not, if it's about the battery drain. 

Please do it, because it seems that forwarding some requests via local support leads to nothing.

Apprentice
Message 10 of 70
Message 10 of 70

Its only xperia xz1, Hope xperia xz1 compact have a fm radio and smart tap.