account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Newly updated USA Firmware 47.1.A.12.34 and Gboard

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

Newly updated USA Firmware 47.1.A.12.34 and Gboard

Just updated to the latest USA Firmware 47.1.A.12.34 (with the January 2018 security patch, good!), butbut , every time I reboot the phone, I am shown the final screen of the Gboard installation process. (Will attempt to add screenshot image below). Afterwards, everything proceeds normally, and I haven't noticed any other anomalies. Anyone else?Screenshot_20180205-174126.pngLast screen of Gboard installation on every reboot.

7 REPLIES 7
Emperor
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: Newly updated USA Firmware 47.1.A.12.34 and Gboard

@pseudonym

What if you unisntall > restart the phone > re-install Gboard

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Commissioner
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

I have tried this, but it does not help, unfortunately. I'm just wondering if anyone else has had the same experience using gboard. If so, then I can assume it's just a problem with the firmware and gboard. Thanks

Adviser
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

I have the same problem, but not the same phone. I use a XZ2 Compact. Probably has something to do with Sony software.

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

This phone have 4 more updates after january

You must update, the problem is solved 

Enthusiast
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

I had the same problem as well. If you go ahead and disable or uninstall Swiftkey (using adb commands), the Gboard stops popping up at every restart

Apprentice
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

I used to have the same issue. Unfortunately, I'm not sure what fixed it. It was either, me turning off Swiftkey, which is possible by going into input settings and under Gboard just shutting it off. The other thing could have been software updates. Which to say for sure, I am uncertain. But yeah, it's very annoying.

Adept
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

I have this issue too.