account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Navigation bar almost always remains visible after upgrade 47.2.A.10.45

Highlighted
Learner
Message 1 of 1
Message 1 of 1

Navigation bar almost always remains visible after upgrade 47.2.A.10.45

Dear Sony Xperia Support, @Jonas

I received system update 47.2.A.10.45 today for my XZ1 Compact phone.

Once updated I noticed one MAJOR BUG: The bottom Navbar is always visible.

Now I see the NavBar almost on every application I am running (Chrome, Gmail, camera, File Navigator,.........................). Espessialy in Chrome and Maps:  it took a big chunk of the botom screen!!!!!!!!!!

it is espessialy dissaponting  since it is eating  the bottom space on already small screen!

Could you fix this bug by restoring the Bottom NavBar auto-hide functionality?  The XZ1 Compact has already a small screen and the always visible NavBar takes a part of it! it is very bad from the usability side.

Could you comment, why did you introduce this issue (always visible NavBar) for Compact phones?

And

how to turn on the auto-hide functionality back?

Thanks

P.S. I just recently bought this phone and upgraded to newest Firmware using the Sony Companion application 2 days ago.  The above issue appeared immideately once I upgraded to  47.2.A.10.45

Capture.JPG