account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

NFC Issues

One time poster
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

NFC Issues

So I've just got the Xperia XZ1 compact and I'm trying to move my pictures and messages from my old Xperia Z5 compact to the XZ1. However when I'm trying to use NFC to do it it's failing to connect. Anyone know why?

2 REPLIES 2
Emperor
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: NFC Issues

@Banana18

Do you get an error? keep in mind that transferring pictures through bluetooth will take forever, it'll be easier to use a cable or an SD card. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: NFC Issues

The latest update released by Sony (47.2.A.6.30) broke the NFC feature in my XZ1 Compact. It does not work at all since I've installed the update. Clean reinstall (Sony Companion repair), factory reset, reboot, safe mode, etc... None of these helped to solve. I have to send it back to Sony. The NFC was working perfectly just a few days ago while I was on Android Oreo, it's clearly an issue with their Android Pie update on XZ1 Compact.