account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Missing feature or development pending?

Highlighted
Regular
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Missing feature or development pending?

This was day 4, I upgrade from Sony Xperia Z3 compact to Sony Xperia XZ1 compact.

I found that some useful feature is missing (or pending on developemnt?)

- double tap wake/sleep screen
I know that sony had included very great finger print sensor to get fast unlock, I really love it. But does mean that double tap wake feature no longer useful. Sometime I just want to have a quick look of notification or current datetime on lock screen but I dont want to unlock the phone. For now, in able to do that, I have to use other not registed finger print press the home button, feel weird ... maybe is good to have double tap feature that let use choose to enable or disable instead of remove it.

- move app to sd card
This no need to explain more ... 20GB++ will be not enough for us in one day ... It's hidden somewhere I couldn't found or
will be added on next system update?

- build-in screen recorder
I feel proud that Z3 compact have build in screen recording (but very buggy ...), I thought that Sony will imporve this feature but now Sony choose to remove it ...

- build in audio recorder? note?
Why I can't found a audio recorder, note? Very common tools ...? (I really don't know why have build-in app such as Amazon Shopping, AVG Protection, Spotify ... which I already disabled ...)

that what I found those missing things (Just 4 daysexperience ...)

I'm one of the Sony fans, I know that sony also improve alot (960fps video record, new camera sensor, etc ...), we have alot of high expectations on Sony, but please ... keep those unique and useful feature ....

1 REPLY 1
Talent
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Missing feature or development pending?

I also upgraded from z3 compact.. And i can add to your list. I believe we had mic disable option in video recording. Didnt we? I cant find it now.

As far as audio recording app, i just downloaded the audio recorder made by sony, which i had to do on my z3c as well.