account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Managing Contacts over 2 accounts

Apprentice
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Managing Contacts over 2 accounts

Hi Team

I have 2 Gmail accounts on my phone.  One is mine.  The other is work.

On my previous Android phone I could select which account was "active".

So while at work I would select that account.  When I did this only work contacts would show when contacts was opened.  And if searching for a contact then the search would only act on the work contacts.

I can't find a way to get this phone to work this way.  I presume that on both phones I am using Google contacts rather than something modified by the phone vendor.

Is this possible on this phone?

"Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Apprentice
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Managing Contacts over 2 accounts

So, an update to this.  Just in case someone looks.  It seems the Contact I was using is the App provided by Sony.  Rather than the Google Contacts App.  I guess I am slow.  I though that Sony were trying to keep to standard Google systems and products.  Anyway, once I put the Google version in place all is right with the world.