account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Main camera quality terrible

One time poster
Message 41 of 67
Message 41 of 67

Re: XZP camera has serious distortion issue

Hi, looking through my Xperia xz1 compact for " correction for Camera distortion" and the cannot see the option anywhere.

This camera takea horrible blurred pictures on all settings, please advise. 

Adept
Message 42 of 67
Message 42 of 67

Omg.. My XZ Premium front camera distortion is so so terrible ..  I went for a party take a group selfie. Sigh. Is so so unacceptable 

Adviser
Message 43 of 67
Message 43 of 67

It is my the first Sony smartphone I have purchased and I am very disapponted with Sony camera low quality. I am pretty sure it is related to software, but not to harware. At the same time, I see like Sony does nothing to improve their Sony Xperia XZ1 software/algorithms. I hope Sony will fix this issue asap.

Also, it is not clear why for FullHD there is ability to select 30 or 60 fr, but for HD there is no any option.
Also, 1 second top limit for manual photo it is not good these days. I hope it will be fixed also.

If it will not be fixed, the Sony product will be the last I have purchased.

Pioneer
Message 44 of 67
Message 44 of 67

You might take a look here, on Sony camera tips.

It won't change the camera, but it can set the human factor for better results and maybe conquer unknown territory.

who knows knows
who doesn't doesn't
Adviser
Message 45 of 67
Message 45 of 67

You might take a look here, on Sony camera tips.

It won't change the camera, but it can set the human factor for better results and maybe conquer unknown territory.

It will not help. Even if conditions are the best (great light, and etc. around) Sony XZ1 camera makes photos with low details. I am very disapointed, because that quality of Sony XZ1 photo is worse than on a cheap smartphone five years ago. I don't know how Sony will comment such fail or if they will fix that big issue.

The following is Sony XZ1 photo made for good conditions (good light, etc). Zoom is 100%. It must to have details, but I see only small blurry spots.
sony_photo_example.png

Adviser
Message 46 of 67
Message 46 of 67

More photos .........

Sony, are you kidding? Below photos made in ideal conditions. 19Mp and 12Mp. Distance between camera and result on the photos is about 1 meter. NO DETAILS!
I will back Sony XZ1 to the shop ...

sony_photo_example_19mp.pngsony_photo_example_12mp.png

Enthusiast
Message 47 of 67
Message 47 of 67

Zoom is 100%

Have you tried making photos without zoom?

Digital zoom is known to be useless and to negatively affect picture quality on every device ever.

Pioneer
Message 48 of 67
Message 48 of 67

Whatever camera you use, be it a digital camera or a phone camera,if you use digital zoom you will end up with blurry photos.

Please send us a photo without zoom.

who knows knows
who doesn't doesn't
Apprentice
Message 49 of 67
Message 49 of 67

My original post in this thread was without digital zoom (which I never use):

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-XZ1-Compact/Main-camera-quality-terrible/m-p/1267515/highlight...

The "close up" crop is just a full resolution crop of the original image. Same issue with blurry details. Superior Auto, no HDR, no digital zoom, tons of light. It's just bad hardware or post-processing by Sony.

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 50 of 67
Message 50 of 67

I am totally agree. Sony should fix that issue. Camera in automatic mode is really bad.
The main problem it looks like Sony ignores camera reported issues and just says "use these tips to make better photos" ... very disappointed with that part of Sony ...