account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Main camera quality terrible

Apprentice
Message 31 of 67
Message 31 of 67

Re: I was disappointed with xperia's camera!

Thanks for posting that here, hopefully they do something about the poor/over-processed photo quality in addition to the wide-angle issue

Talent
Message 32 of 67
Message 32 of 67

Re: Main camera quality terrible

Highlighted
Message 33 of 67
Message 33 of 67

Yep, very bad, and they don't use Google's API meaning I can't improve it by using ported Google camera with HDR+. While making rubbish for years, it also prevent users to do it ourselves.

One time poster
Message 34 of 67
Message 34 of 67

you can only tutn hdr off/on when you're on manual mode.

Learner
Message 35 of 67
Message 35 of 67

I'm pretty sure that Sony will release an update fixing the camera issues, otherwise, I'll personally never look into Sony devices anymore.

BTW, looking forward november security patch update.... 

Regular
Message 36 of 67
Message 36 of 67

Just joined the forum since my aukey quick charging doesn't work on this phone.. 

Want to add that I also found xz1 compact camera weak. Small details breaking in resolution when zoomed. So disappointed since Sony seems to emphasize their camera strength

Apprentice
Message 37 of 67
Message 37 of 67

Does anyone know if there are any updates pending for the camera app? The photos are still garbage and I'm about to return the Sony as it's been 6 2 months with no updates.

Talent
Message 38 of 67
Message 38 of 67

What do you mean by 6 months? The phone launched like 2 months ago. Otherwise the november update brings correction for image distortion.

Apprentice
Message 39 of 67
Message 39 of 67

You're right, only 2 months. I was just being cranky this morning when reviewing photos taken over the weekend that are all still blurry in details.

The fix I'm looking for is for blurry camera details, the original topic for this thread. All I've read about them fixing is the distortion issue, not blurry details.

Talent
Message 40 of 67
Message 40 of 67

I went to a shop today and tried a xz1 compact .. shot a few photos in store.

compared to my Z5 compact, the xz1 has higher ISO noise. But when lighting was optimal there was little if any difference between the two cameras. 

I dont one quite get the marketing arguments about the xz1 being a low light camera phone. It seems to do as good as the z5 series.. but has worse ISO noise. 

One thing i disliked was the auto shoot.. when holding down the focus button.. never found a way to disable.