account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMS can't be sent to many

SOLVED
Regular
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

MMS can't be sent to many

I can't send MMS to many recipients.

When I try to send, it says "Skicka meddelandet genom att öppna Inställningar och ändra gruppmeddelandeinställningarna till Grupp-mms."

But I can't find that setting anywhere. Anyone who can point me there?

I've been able to send MMS to many on all old phones. Very annoying, want to send child pictures to all grandparents at once!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Regular
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Re: MMS can't be sent to many

Was fixed for my carrier by SW update, this topic can be closed!

6 REPLIES
Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Hi @Ashaman,

Let's see if I can help here.

Try the following.

Tap messages app > Tap 3  circles on the top right-hand side > Tap Settings > Tap Advanced > Tap Group Messaging > Make sure Send MMS reply to all recipients ( Group MMS) is selected

Now try to send the MMS.

Let me know how you get on.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Apprentice
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

I have the same issue with my new xz1. The group chat setting does not exist in the messaging app...

Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

@jwong810

There are some talks on Google's forum that carriers can disable this option somehow from Android Messages app. You can try using an alternative app like Textra.

More reads here:

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/phone-by-google/ijcqjLlvNac;context-place=topicsearch...

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Regular
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

The group chat setting does not exist in the messaging app sad

Apprentice
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

This is odd cuz I have been using tmobile with my z5 and had no issues. I wonder why they would disable something that's developed by Google (in xz1).

Regular
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Was fixed for my carrier by SW update, this topic can be closed!