account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Is it possible to install /e/OS ?

Inhabitant
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Is it possible to install /e/OS ?

There is a new Android OS out and I like the idea behind it so want to install it on my Sony Experia XZ1 Compact.  The New OS is an ungoogled version of Android. So there is no Google anyware in it and you don't need Google either. Is there someone already working with it on his XZ1 Compact? 

Punk
3 REPLIES 3
Inhabitant
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Is it possible to install /e/OS ?

I am sorry to say but being relatively informed about android op systems and similar systems (Sailfish) - I could not understand what you wanted to say. Perhaps google translate destroyed your message or perhaps I am too tired. But based on the information you gave, I am afraid, no-one can help you.

Inhabitant
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

@Xzca wrote:

I am sorry to say but being relatively informed about android op systems and similar systems (Sailfish) - I could not understand what you wanted to say. 

What I want to know is;

Have someone this ungoogled Android Operating System from the e.foundation called  /e/  installed on a Sony Experia XZ1 Compact?

I like to do so but I want to know what's the experiance and if the bank-apps working on it.

A lot of Sony on Sailfish OS in the Jolla-devices store! 

Punk
Inhabitant
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

First of all, "ungoogle" doesn't mean anything. Just say: google

That said, only SONY Z5 and XA2 are supported - no XZ1 Compact. 

https://gitlab.e.foundation/e/wiki/en/wikis/devices-list

All that said, my experience is that stock soft is wonderful on Sony XZ1 Compact.

If you want even faster experience then "ungoogle" for "adb pm -uninstall" and read XDA forums - this (adb) would leave your firmware stock and you would not have any problems (except of course when you uninstall something important like "dialer" or whatsnot).

IF you want CUSTOM Firmware then any flashing will most probably either void your warranty or at least will make it extremely difficult to talk to support in case your device should have a real failure (I hope it will not have).

AND one more thing - banking apps only work with stock firmware (most people need these apps).

AND one more thing - it is quite difficult to get your phone's camera working after rooting/custom firmware.

But coming back to /e/ foundation - yes privacy these days is concern. But how important are you really? Do you think anyone cares about what you do (or what I do)? If you care about your privacy AND battery life of the phone then just turn off as many things as possible - WiFi and bluetooth scanning, location sharing, every assistant possible, etc.