account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

How can i enable PIN or pattern security during device startup?

Commissioner
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

How can i enable PIN or pattern security during device startup?

Hello,

i switched from my x compact to xz1 compact, everyting is fine but one thing is missing: how can i enable the PIN or pattern input during device startup? on my x compact i have to enter that security right after power up the device but is this also available on my new device?

thank you Slightly smiling Face

Greetings,

SirRobin
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: How can i enable PIN or pattern security during device startup?

Hi @SirRobin Slightly smiling Face

Follow this steps:

To create a screen lock pattern

1. Find and tap Settings > Lock screen & security > Screen lock > Pattern.
  2. Draw your pattern, then tap CONTINUE.
  3. Re-draw your pattern, then tap CONFIRM.

To create a screen lock PIN

1. Find and tap Settings > Lock screen & security > Screen lock. If prompted, confirm your current screen lock.
  2. Select PIN.
  3. Enter a numeric PIN, then tap CONTINUE.
  4. Re-enter and confirm your PIN, then tap OK.

This is a user-based global forum. So please, write in english! By doing so, it can be well received and monitored.
If the problem is solved, mark it as a solution so others can know Grinning Face
Inhabitant
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

That's not the solution, he's been asking for....

You talk about the common Lock Screen.

But the XZ1 Compact doesn't offer a boot lock like a pc (and the X Compact)

Pioneer
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

There is no boot password because the system is able to boot to a state where all critical services that are not tied to your user data can operate. 

Then when you enter your pin or password, your user data gets decrypted and all your personal applications can start. 

No longer using XZ1C
Pioneer
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

If you created fi a pattern and reboot, the first you will encounter is a lock during startup where you have to give your pattern (@romanempire referred to it),  then after booting the SIM lock and then again the pattern to open the screen.

who knows knows
who doesn't doesn't
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

@TheRealEasy try going to Settings > Lock screen & security > Screen lock again, then choose your desired method of locking (Pattern or PIN). if you have it enabled and then select it again, the phone should ask you if you want to enable secure start-up, which does display pattern lock or PIN input entry during boot.

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

@najodleglejszy

No, this way worked with the Sony X Compact and Android 7.x but not with the XZ1 Compact with Android 8.0 and the latest security patch.