account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Headset issues xperia xz1 compact

One time poster
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Headset issues xperia xz1 compact

Hi, just got my new Sony xperia xz1 compact. The only problem I have is that it won't accept or recognize my headphones. It accepts other headphones,  and other devices accepts my headphones.

It makes me wonder. Is there a hardware or software compatability limitation by Sony or whatever that prevents certain types of headsets from being used with the device? 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Headset issues xperia xz1 compact

Hi @stålbalk, welcome to the community.

First check if the headset works with other devices. If it does, you need to update to the latest software version. If the problem persists after a software update, the issue might be hardware-related. To find out, contact your retailer or a Sony Mobile repair partner. Before handing the device over for service, back up all your data to avoid possible data loss. Data on the device may get deleted when examined. Don't forget to bring proper documentation, for example, proof of purchase and warranty card. The documentation required may vary depending on market, country or region.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.