account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

GPS Galileo support

One time poster
Message 11 of 21
Message 11 of 21

Re: GPS Galileo support

I don't see Galileo in Switzerland

Xz1 compact

Learner
Message 12 of 21
Message 12 of 21

My xz1 compact also don't show Galileo-satelites. Region Germany. 

Is this a Phone problem or galileo problem?

Basgal

Learner
Message 13 of 21
Message 13 of 21

So I tested it over the weekend with locus and GPS Data app and what could I say it works.

On locus I got at least three galileo satellites fixed (309,310,311) for a longer time.

It is not very stable and locus seams to switch to GPS and glonass may be of the amount of satellites, but it works.

GPS galileo support on Xz1compact? Yes

Sage
Message 14 of 21
Message 14 of 21

No Galileo satellites for XZ1 here in Italy. 

For comparison, my wife’s S8+ gets them.

Regular
Message 15 of 21
Message 15 of 21

Hi,

is possible send more info - which country and firmware number in Your ZX1?

Learner
Message 16 of 21
Message 16 of 21

I did other tests with locus and I think I found something about the handling with galileo. 

The first test was indoor near my kitchen window and locus showed me 33 satellites (GPS, glonass, beidu and galileo) and 13 fixes, accuracy was 12m and 2 galileo satellites were fixed.

The second test was outdoor and locus showed me 20 (GPS and glonass) satellites and 12 fixes, accuracy was 4m and no galileo satellites were fixed.

The third test was outdoor under an awning with no free sight to the sky. 31 satellites were showed 9 fixes,  accuracy 6m and 3 galileo satellites were fixed.

So I think at least locus manage the satellites because of the local conditions. When there is clear sky above you and the signal of GPS and glonass is good then locus disables galileo and beidou. On the other side when the local conditions are weak then locus enables all satellites to improve the accuracy. 

Inhabitant
Message 17 of 21
Message 17 of 21

@GSMstarterwrote:

It is not truth, as I have XZ1 C from T-Mobile CZ, and if I use the GPS test,  Galileo satellites aren't visible!

Only GPS, Baidu and Glonas are available.

AO 8.0.0 , SW version 47.1.A.2.374

Confirm 

Regular
Message 18 of 21
Message 18 of 21

Hi,

the Galileo satelites are visible from version 119. But sometimes are not visible and sometimes  1-2 satelites only. Used "GPS Test" app.

Actual version FW I have 145.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 19 of 21
Message 19 of 21

Bonjour, comment beaucoup de monde  même en France galileo sur le sony xperia xz1 c ne marche pas  J'ai effectué avec 2 logiciel de test, version Android 8.0 téléphone acheté en mars 2018, 

Hello, how many people even in France galileo on the sony xperia xz1 c does not work I performed with 2 test software, Android version 8.0 phone bought in March 2018,

gt

Regular
Message 20 of 21
Message 20 of 21

With https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.android.gpstest I currently see 4 Galileo satellites