account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

GPS Galileo support

Visitor
Message 1 of 21
Message 1 of 21

GPS Galileo support

Does XZ1 Compact or XZ1 have Galileo support?

20 REPLIES 20
Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 21
Message 2 of 21

Re: GPS Galileo support

Hi @Leosenko, glad to hear that you're interested in the Xperia XZ1 and XZ1 Compact! Slightly smiling Face

Both the Xperia XZ1 and XZ1 Compact supports Galileo, except for in the US.

Let me know if you have any further questions about this!

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Inhabitant
Message 3 of 21
Message 3 of 21

Wonderful, didn't really expect them to support Galileo! This is a great news!

Visitor
Message 4 of 21
Message 4 of 21

Hello @Christofer, thank you for the reply. Can you be more specific as to what you mean by "except for in the US"? Does that mean that the models sold in USA do not support Galileo or the fact that when the phone (XZ1 purchased anywhere in the world) happens to be located within  the geographical are of USA, the system will not allow the use of Galileo satellites?

This naturally extends the question to the support of BeiDou and Glonass. (But i believe glonass is supported because I can see glonass satellites on Z1 compact).

Thank you for your answer.

Leos

Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 21
Message 5 of 21

@Leosenko There is no support for Galileo in U.S. territory. I hope this clears things up.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 6 of 21
Message 6 of 21

I wish to ask: why on the Galileo site only the XZ Premium is shown as Galileo-ready (as per photo attached)? I understand that the Snapdragon835 is listed as a viable chipset, but they seem to make a difference between a chipset that can be Galileo-ready and a smartphone that is Galileo-ready. Since I'm thinking about getting a new Sony replacement for my Xperia Z5 and was considering the XZ1, I'd like that clarified, because I use the gps a lot. Thank you.FireShot Capture 6 - UseGalileo - Find a g_ - http___www.usegalileo.eu_EN_inner.html#data=smartphone.png

Regular
Message 7 of 21
Message 7 of 21

It is not truth, as I have XZ1 C from T-Mobile CZ, and if I use the GPS test,  Galileo satellites aren't visible!

Only GPS, Baidu and Glonas are available.

AO 8.0.0 , SW version 47.1.A.2.374

Learner
Message 8 of 21
Message 8 of 21

Thank you for your field test. 

Enthusiast
Message 9 of 21
Message 9 of 21

Same "problem" here, no Galileo satellites availabe, region Germany.

Inhabitant
Message 10 of 21
Message 10 of 21

same problem in Italy. no fix with galileo. new tests next days....