account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Front facing speakers

Apprentice
Message 1 of 15
Message 1 of 15

Front facing speakers

During a call, will the dual front speakers BOTH be LOUD when on speakerphone?

14 REPLIES 14
Emperor
Message 2 of 15
Message 2 of 15

Re: Front facing speakers

@Rob205gti

Which Xperia do you have? 

Also, this has been asked before, you can find the answer if you use the search bar Slightly smiling Face 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Apprentice
Message 3 of 15
Message 3 of 15

I am in the new announced XZ1 Compact forum, right?

That is the device i am asking about.

I had a X1 compact some years ago and it was only using one speaker for speakerphone. And it was very low speakerphone volume. I need loud speakerphone!

Emperor
Message 4 of 15
Message 4 of 15

@Rob205gti

Change the attitude, indeed you are but day after day users, in particular, new users, like yourself, make mistakes and post in the wrong part of the forum, keep it friendly. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Adept
Message 5 of 15
Message 5 of 15

I suppose you had the z1 compact, which only had one speaker at the bottom. With Z3 compact and all later models they built in stereo speakers. During a call both speakers are working. 

Apprentice
Message 6 of 15
Message 6 of 15

Yes, now I remember again, I owned the Z3 Compact. Good you mentioned it.

Great form factor, great speed! Unfortunately many cracked back glass covers. Camera was not great. And speakerphone was low volume.

I think with ZX1 compact the back cover problem and camera are improved. Not sure about speakerphone....

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 7 of 15
Message 7 of 15

I could barely hear the speaker on my Z3C. :-(

Enthusiast
Message 8 of 15
Message 8 of 15

New" Huawei Ban Update | Intel, Micron and Qualcomm Resume Supplying Huawei" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uV5hBt6WyEM --~-- New vs old as we pit the Sony Xperia XZ1, announced at IFA last week against the original XZ from last year in a smartphone speaker comparison. Sony claims its new ...
Enthusiast
Message 9 of 15
Message 9 of 15

Finally Sony made it louder. Thanks Sony! Thats the reason why i don't need a full bezelless screen. Next time try to make the bezels a bit smaller if possible and keep the good stereo speakers

Apprentice
Message 10 of 15
Message 10 of 15

Are both speakers engaged when in speakerphone?