account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

External display via Snapdragon 835 built-in USB-C DisplayPort Alt Mode function

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 21 of 27
Message 21 of 27

Re: [Feature request] USB-C DisplayPort alt mode to connect to a TV wired

I will not buy Sony anymore just because it broke this feature!

Message 22 of 27
Message 22 of 27

It is not stil a Sony failure, other smartphone brands, us the same. 

Learner
Message 23 of 27
Message 23 of 27

Extremely disappointing. Sony has the potential to be the best but silly limitations will always make them play second fiddle to other smart phone manufacturers. Another nail in the coffin. Last sony smart phone I buy! sony should just stick to Playstation everything's else is meh.. 

Regular
Message 24 of 27
Message 24 of 27

A DisplayLink dongle can be used instead of DP alt mode

@pribambas wrote:

Please don't advise me to use Miracast or Google cast. I prefer HDMI. Thanks.

The missing link is the keyword "DisplayLink"! A "DisplayPort alternative mode" USB-C to HDMI cable would be cheaper and smaler, but this DisplayLink dongle does the job, too! :good:

"WAVLINK UG-3501H" (DisplayLink certified dl-3500 chipset)

After installing the app "DisplayLink Presenter") and a reboot for the Sony device, the picture was shown via HDMI.

I tested the this device with these smartphones:
1. Sony XZ1 (USB 3.1)
2. ZTE Axon 7 Mini (USB 2.0, like the XZ1 Compact)

Jtb
One time poster
Message 25 of 27
Message 25 of 27

Re: A DisplayLink dongle can be used instead of DP alt mode

Complete BS that you have to buy a 60 dollar (Canadian) dongle and an additional 20 dollar dongle AND install an app to do a normal phone function that's standard on every other phone! Absolutely will never purchase another Sony phone again as I do not want to carry the extra cables nessisary to make this phone useful with my pocket projector 

One time poster
Message 26 of 27
Message 26 of 27

super lame. just to force us to use mirrorcast because sony has contract with google. mirrorcast is probably one of the poorest quality viewing options out there and in my eyes just another way for google to keep tabs on what everyones doing. disappointing. 

One time poster
Message 27 of 27
Message 27 of 27

Hello!

Have you any news? Some information from developers?