account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Double tap to sleep screen

Learner
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Double tap to sleep screen

Having updated my phone from X Compact to XZ1 Compact (prices fell so low I couldn't resist anymore), I noticed the one thing which has gone - a double tap to sleep screen (and awake as well, but I didn't use it). Same Android version, same update (Oreo 8.0.0, Sep 2018), however X Compact has it, but XZ1 does not. WHY? There are tons of such apps in Play Store, some even have a tile button, which is a good alternative, but none do instant sleep - there's always 5-10 sec delay. Since I'm not planning to update to Android Pie, I realize this won't change anymore (for me), but nevertheless, this is my vote for including it into future firmwares. I'm a long-time Sony user (have had ~10 devices for me and my family), so I hope the company will consider this opinion.

3 REPLIES 3
Emperor
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Double tap to sleep screen

@denis-gz 

This has been asked before

You can read/post about it here and here 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Yes, but your first link is to this topic itself. And the second suggests to wait, as we see, with no success.

Emperor
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

@denis-gz 

It was my mistake but it should be corrected now, as for the info on that other link there's no new info on it

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)