account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Does replacing the battery mean that the phone can no longer be waterproof after (IP68) ?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Adviser
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Does replacing the battery mean that the phone can no longer be waterproof after (IP68) ?

Hello !

Does replacing the battery (performed by a professional) mean that the phone can no longer be waterproof after (IP68) ? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pioneer
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Does replacing the battery mean that the phone can no longer be waterproof after (IP68) ?

Hi @ReachingPull;

Absolutelly not, if the phone battery is replaced by an authorized Sony Service Center there is no reason for the phone not maintaining is IP65/68 rating (water resistant).

5 REPLIES 5
Pioneer
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Does replacing the battery mean that the phone can no longer be waterproof after (IP68) ?

Hi @ReachingPull;

Absolutelly not, if the phone battery is replaced by an authorized Sony Service Center there is no reason for the phone not maintaining is IP65/68 rating (water resistant).

Adviser
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

OK, that would be great !

Actually I asked this because I found this statement on a (french) workshop page :

Please note that we can not guarantee the tightness of your device once the repair is done 

https://translate.google.fr/translate?sl=fr&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=fr&ie=UTF-8&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.mo...

Pioneer
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

@ReachingPull;

That is not an official repair service nor a statement from Sony service repair. 

Adviser
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Ok cool, so I will go to Sony service reapair !

Thanks !

Apprentice
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Looks fun about this thread.
Here is my case happen in Hong Kong :

My Phone not XZ1 but XZ

I'm the dude whom use the phone quite careful.

I have gone to Hong Kong Support to exchange battery. Due to the battery have drain issues and the screen have some new pressure bright spot may possibly cause by worm Battery.

I told them I want to exchange a new battery and reassemble well the screen to improve that bright spot.

One day later, they phone me, my phone required replace battery, screen, motherboard to keep waterproof. And this would cost me 3198HKD = 407.6USD!

I say, I just required “exchange a new battery and reassemble well the screen to improve that bright spot.” Why I need exchange motherboard too?

The operator asks the technician and said, this would ok, but your battery drain issue will not be solved. (What?)

Also she told me, “If didn’t exchange the motherboard just the battery, this will lose WATERPROOF”

I said “I need keep my WATERPROOF too.”

She said, That’s okay, but you need pay 570HKD = 72.6USD to keep it.

I feel disappointed and I needed say agree to bring my phone back ASAP.

This ridiculous! 
There before I were never heard my phone has WATERPROOF TEST FAIL in phone. Until I have received the maintenance report.

Also I got no idea the diagnose report, They said my XZ waterproof test failed, but I were never put my phone underwater!

Actually I have a slightly scratched on side, but why the back has report as scratched and where was fully covered by APU shell?

And I watch the parts list, I got whole idea why this still cost me 570HKD

They exchange my phone Back cover and some parts there were never damage or failure before!

They cheating me and Sony!

34035348_164613587723118_2985899979014406144_o.jpg