account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Dark mode ? Xperia xz 1 compact ?

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Dark mode ? Xperia xz 1 compact ?

How will it work? There is no dark mode on xz 1 compact after update to pie 9.0

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Dark mode ? Xperia xz 1 compact ?

Hi @Ben77, I apologize for the late reply!

Currently, Xperia devices running Android Pie do not support Dark mode. We cannot comment on plans to implement Dark mode in the future. However, individual third-party apps can still support Dark mode.

Note! Sony does not warrant or guarantee the performance of any third-party applications. Neither does Sony warrant or guarantee the performance of content downloaded or acquired in other ways through such applications. Similarly, Sony is not responsible for any damage or reduced performance of your device attributable to the transfer of third-party content.

I hope that answers your question and I'll make sure to forward your feedback about this! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

3 REPLIES 3
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Hi @Ben77, I apologize for the late reply!

Currently, Xperia devices running Android Pie do not support Dark mode. We cannot comment on plans to implement Dark mode in the future. However, individual third-party apps can still support Dark mode.

Note! Sony does not warrant or guarantee the performance of any third-party applications. Neither does Sony warrant or guarantee the performance of content downloaded or acquired in other ways through such applications. Similarly, Sony is not responsible for any damage or reduced performance of your device attributable to the transfer of third-party content.

I hope that answers your question and I'll make sure to forward your feedback about this! Slightly smiling Face

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Highlighted
Learner
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Hi Jonas, overall I am happy with my XZ1 Compact despite a few niggles since the Pie update.

The Night mode feature is now standard fare amongst most smartphones, and has proven to have health benefits relating to sleep and eye strain. I am no tech expert, but the general view in most posts is that this is simple for Sony to enable on the XZ1 Compact. For me the irony is Sony has cleverly incorporated battery care, to prolong the life of the battery / phone so that you can own your XZ1 Compact for many years. So why not keep features as up to date as possible? Especially as the fix is doable. 

Lots of owners have experienced issues with Pie and many have persevered with their devices and not jumped ship to another brand. The least Sony could do as a good will gesture for these owners like myself, is to enable this feature surely?

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Hi @UrbanNomad, I'm glad to hear that! Slightly smiling Face

I'm not sure why it has not been implemented or how hard it is to implement, so that is very hard for me to answer, since I don't work directly with the development of the software, or development in general.

Night mode would be a good addition and I will continue to forward the feedback regarding this and a dark mode, but I can't make any promises, however I would be pleased to see this myself.

Thank you for your feedback and have a nice day!