account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Contacts not all syncing from Gmail

SOLVED
Highlighted
Learner
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Contacts not all syncing from Gmail

Hi, 

Not all the contacts from my Gmail are syncing to my new XZ1. I only just synced the contacts to another new Android phone two months ago without any problems, so the issue seems to be with this phone. I have all the same accounts set up here as on the other phone. What could be the problem? 

Thanks! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Learner
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Re: Contacts not all syncing from Gmail

Hi again, 

I solved the problem by taking my other phone, which does have the contacts properly synced, and exporting those contacts to Drive, then importing the file on my XZ1. This time it did recognise it as a vcf-file, and I have my contacts back.

Thanks for the help!

3 REPLIES 3
Emperor
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

@AnnamariM

You could do it manually if for some reason Google is acting up 

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/1069522?hl=en

Perhaps create a vcf file and then transfer it to the internal storage or SD card 

Open the contacts > swipe left to right > settings > Import 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Hi @uliwooly 

Unfortunately this didn't work. I saved the .vcf file from Google on my phone (even tried two versions of the file), went into contacts/import, selected vcf file as the file type to be imported, but it won't let me select either of the .vcf files that are there. Incredibly frustrating!

Learner
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Hi again, 

I solved the problem by taking my other phone, which does have the contacts properly synced, and exporting those contacts to Drive, then importing the file on my XZ1. This time it did recognise it as a vcf-file, and I have my contacts back.

Thanks for the help!