account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Camera distortion after fix on Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact?

Enthusiast
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Camera distortion after fix on Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact?

Hey there,

I've read a lot about camera distortion problems on the XZ1 and XZ1 Compact, which are putting me off getting it. I've also read that Sony have released a fix for this in the form of a firmware update. Has anybody tried this, and is there much of an improvement?

Pretty keen to know if this has been fixed; at the moment without seeing any before/after photos (combined with issues I had with my earlier Xperias) I'm a little cautious about buying another Sony.

Many thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
Enthusiast
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Camera distortion after fix on Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact?

Yes, there's multiple threads here and on XDA/reddit where one can see the difference.

The difference is visible, though I didn't really have any problem with the distortion to begin with, so I cannot tell if it's better or worse.

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Camera distortion after fix on Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact?

You can find a lot of before and after pictures, a pair of them are here. All these pictures are taken with XZ Premium since the update containing the fix for XZ1 and XZ1 Compact will be available at the end of november.

Keep in mind that the fix comes in form of an option, so you can active it or not at will. Anyway seems like the problem is definitely solved.