account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Bright spots on white background.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Bright spots on white background.

For a few weeks, bright spots have arisen on my display. The device has no contact with water and is always transported in a silicone sleeve. Strangely, my old Z5 Compact also had such stains, but since they have come only after 3 years ... Is such a guarantee case? The Sony support is somehow not able to answer this ... there I get suggestions that I should install the latest software version please ...

The next problem would be that I have no bill for the device, but actually Sony can also recognize by the IMEI number, if the device has any guarantee at all. At least one could look back then in the Sony attitudes under guarantee information, how long the device still has warranty, but that has unfortunately removed Sony.

2 REPLIES 2
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Bright spots on white background.

Hi @iTzZent, sorry to hear about this.

I am afraid that it is hard for me to say whether this is a warranty case or not, mainly due to the fact that warranty and consumer laws vary depending on which market you are located in. I can only speak for the market I am located in (Nordic), where the phone has to be examined by an authorized service technician in order to determine whether it is a warranty case or not. 

I believe that the best thing to do in this situation is to get in contact with your local support team. They should be more than capable to arrange for the phone to be sent to an authorized service center for checkup and a possible repair.

I hope that helped! 

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Inhabitant
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Bright spots on white background.

White spots are usually pressure damaged.

If you haven't sat on it / dropped / stepped - then the battery may be swollen.

However, you can get white spot by strongly pressing screen with your fingers...

Shortly - if this is because of the battery then it may be under warranty. In other cases it may or may be not under warranty. It is worth checking - my experience with Sony phones was that they always replaced the inner components in case of white spots.