account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Bluetooth issue after update

SOLVED
Apprentice
Message 31 of 41
Message 31 of 41

Re: Bluetooth issue after update

This is a work around that is not explained very well for one. Sony needs to get Bluetooth back on track without bugs. Should never had released Oreo without proper testing in the first place.

Visitor
Message 32 of 41
Message 32 of 41

Hello
I am expecting courier with my new XZ1 compact any moment now. I want to ask, if anyone has problem with A2DP on android 8? My wife has XZ compact and she has problem with bluetooth headset to play media files. I had previously the same problem with Nokia 8. I googled, and found out many people with many types of phones have this issue after Android 8 update(to clarify- bluetooth works well for phone calls, but media play through phone speaker). SO MY QUESTION - WHEN MY PHONE ARRIVES AND WILL PROBABLY HAVE ANDOID 7, SHOULD I UPDATE TO ANDROID 8 WITHOUT FEAR OF LOOSING ABILITY TO PLAY MEDIA USING BLUETOOTH?
Thanks

Rookie
Message 33 of 41
Message 33 of 41

I bought the XZ1 compact last friday, but I have great difficulties to connect it to my Garmin 620. It took a lot of time to have it connected, and syncing proved to be an even bigger issue.

It is connected, but it did not sync this morning. I have tried many things like changing something to 1.4 instead of 1.6, removing the Garmin app and re-install it. But now the phone doesn't find my Garmin device. When I do a google search "XZ1 bluetooth" I get hundreds of pages telling there is a bluetooth issue, but seems not solved. I have also the latest updates on both the phone and garmin device.

I am very, very dissappointed tbh. My garmin device / app is probably the most important app that I need. All the other apps and things are working fine.

Pioneer
Message 34 of 41
Message 34 of 41

Not that it is of much help, but watch what my TomTom watch app says about Bluetooth connections.

Cannot find it Slightly frowning Face because it is connected and I don't dare to have the phone forget this connection.

who knows knows
who doesn't doesn't
Rookie
Message 35 of 41
Message 35 of 41

I am still trying to get it done. Yesterday after 8 hours suddenly my rides were synchronised. But this morning again the phone is connected to the device, but it does not sync or upload my ride from this morning. This is so unbelievable dissappointing. With my old Samsung it was online within seconds. I chose the XZ1 for its format. But will send it back tomorrow and NEVER will buy a sony again. I will have to go for a small format Iphone I guess.

I find it amazing that there are hundreds and hundreds of problems with the bluetooth thing, but all the sollutions seems to be workarounds, which none of them works for me.

One time poster
Message 36 of 41
Message 36 of 41

I wouldn't count on listening to music using Bluetooth headphones as the signal constantly stutters when WiFi is doing it's thing in the background. I'm using Sony MDR-10RBT Headphones on the aptX setting. Supposed to be good quality but what's the point in advertising amazing sound quality if it can't hold the connection without WiFi interference.

One time poster
Message 37 of 41
Message 37 of 41

How do I update the phone

Rookie
Message 38 of 41
Message 38 of 41

This worked for me, after 30 minutes of pulling my hair.

Thanks !!!

MA

One time poster
Message 39 of 41
Message 39 of 41

I have a problem to connect my car via Bluetooth after update to 9.0 version.

something which happens is disconnecting bt connection continuously right after connecting.

would you please explain how could I use safe mode for a test?

Visitor
Message 40 of 41
Message 40 of 41

@MatiasAznar wrote:

This worked for me, after 30 minutes of pulling my hair.

Thanks !!!

MA

What did you do? I am still trying to get my Garmin paired...