account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Bluetooth issue after update

SOLVED
Adviser
Message 1 of 40
Message 1 of 40

Bluetooth issue after update

Hi, 

Bluetooth is not running proper after the latest update 47.1.A.8.49. I have to reset the phone to activate bluetooth and connect to car system, it runs for that time. I turn off bluetooth during day, but have to reset phone to turn bluetooth on again in the evening. Same issue continue in the morning.

Need help from Sony support. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Adviser
Message 20 of 40
Message 20 of 40

Re: Bluetooth issue after update

Hi, 

I received a reply from Taiwan Sony support, they advised to use the phone in safe mode for test, tried 4 days without any problem, changed to normal mode and same bluetooth issue continue. I understood that some apps cause this problem.

There was not any option in settings to see which apps use bluetooth, searched bt and saw location service use bt in some cases, to test the phone turned off location permission for all apps except a few default google apps, then bluetooth problem fixed. Gave permission to some apps later, was still ok, you can test one by one to find real problematic app. I guess older versions of some apps which is not designed for Oreo create problem. 

I know this is not a permanent solution but I use bluetooth without any problem for five days, turn on, turn off every day, it runs, connection is good now. 

39 REPLIES 39
One time poster
Message 2 of 40
Message 2 of 40

Same problem heren, not abble to connect bluetooth for music(Spotify) with Mini Cooper. Lumia 950xl works incl. artist/song name.

Please fix!! 

Commissioner
Message 3 of 40
Message 3 of 40

I also can confirm problems with bluetooth. Device is new, so i can´t say this is caused due the last update but connection to my huawei smartwatch classic sometimes doens´t work, also, connecting to my nissan bluetooth car system. 

Maybe this is important to know, disabling bt is not a solution as reenabling doesn´t work - bt shuts itself off again. flight mode or restart fixed that thing but this should´t be the solution...

Greetings,

SirRobin
Adviser
Message 4 of 40
Message 4 of 40

Same here with latest update.

BT is loosing connection, switch off/on not possible, after reboot it is working again for a few days.

Talent
Message 5 of 40
Message 5 of 40

Change the bluetooth version on developer options.

One time poster
Message 6 of 40
Message 6 of 40

Same problem here but I´ve had it since the phone was new, hoping for updates to solve it. I use a Sony BM10 to stream music and every time I get home I have to restart the phone to be able to turn bluetooth on. My previous Z5c connected to BM10 outside my front door, concrete walls, and it always worked flawlessly. Changed bluetooth profile to AVRCP 1.5 under developer settings but this didn´t help. It´s kind of annoying...

One time poster
Message 7 of 40
Message 7 of 40

The same applies here. 3 times support contact. No improvement. 
Repair shipment recommended for a 4-week-old smartphone :-(
same Bluetooth equipment ran 15 months with Z5 compact flawlessly ..
Partly 5 times a day to activate Bluetooth.
Apprentice
Message 8 of 40
Message 8 of 40

I am also affected. Flightmode does not help, only restarting the device... :-(

One time poster
Message 9 of 40
Message 9 of 40

I have the same problem, and I just bought the phone! Please fix now! 

Apprentice
Message 10 of 40
Message 10 of 40

Hello,

Can this not be the same issue with bluetooth than by other manufacturer?
For example Google or One Plus have issue with audio bluetooth under Oreo and with my XZ1c I have the same issue in my car. If I'm remember correctly after updating my previous XZ to Oreo I had the issue too with this phone...