account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Bluetooth issue after update

SOLVED
Pioneer
Message 11 of 41
Message 11 of 41

Re: Bluetooth issue after update

Some reported it helps, some say it doesn't.

Try this:

1. Unpair both devices from each other.
  2. Go to Settings -> System -> About phone -> tap multiple times on "Build number" until you enable "Developer options"
  3. Go back to Settings -> System -> Developer options -> Networking -> Bluetooth AVRCP Version -> Choose AVRCP  1.4 or 1.5
  4. Restart your phone
  5. Pair devices and test.
  6. Report back if it works or not.

who knows knows
who doesn't doesn't
Apprentice
Message 12 of 41
Message 12 of 41

@Strampke, exactly what I wanted to write.
I did it today and in my case it seems fixing the issue.

I was in avcrp 1.6 and revert to 1.5 (despite 1.4 is  indicated as the default but was never selected!) and it worked, I just had to restart bluetooth on the phone, no reboot for me nor any new pairing.
I tried again 1.6 issues was instantly back, go to 1.5 again works again.

So for me the issues clearly seems to be with the 1.6 profile or how google implemented it (as other manufacturer are affected and so are some google phones.

Learner
Message 13 of 41
Message 13 of 41

Trying to use the programer  options on the Bluetooth avrcp but without sucess, Bluetooth car kit is Nokia ck-1w and was working with my old z5 compact  without any problem. With my present xz1 compact cant associate it allways displays wrong pin ou password. 

Bluetooth car kit was reseted, and conects with other phones. 

Need help here...

Learner
Message 14 of 41
Message 14 of 41

Sony fix this or you have both my xz1 compacts being returned for stupid Bluetooth issues! I wish I had kept my iPhone se now.

Adviser
Message 15 of 41
Message 15 of 41

Changing of Bluetooth AVRCP version dosn't work, same problem still exist.

No support from Sony. 

One time poster
Message 16 of 41
Message 16 of 41

Changing to AVRCP  1.4 fixed my issues as well. Thanks a lot!

Adviser
Message 17 of 41
Message 17 of 41

I received update 47.1.A.12.75 last week, was hoping to receive some solutions to these problems but same, even worse, bluetooth freezes twice a day now.

Apprentice
Message 18 of 41
Message 18 of 41

Re: Проблемы с блютус.

Kind time of day. For the birthday gave this wonderful phone Xperia XZ1 Compact. And everything would be fine, but there is one problem that interferes with the use of the phone fully. Constantly there is a rupture of communication on the bluetooth with the headset. In an hour and a half, the connection keeps. And then, for some strange reason, it breaks. You can restore the connection to the headset only after the phone is rebooted. This situation is observed with Plantronics M165, Plantronics925, Plantronics975, Jabra 8040 headsets. I spend a lot of time at the wheel, and this problem with bluetooth headsets is very critical for me. What I did: 1. Restore the software through the Companion. 2. Firmware firmware through Newflescher. 3. Replace the AVRCP with 1.5 and 1.4. Help me please!

Apprentice
Message 19 of 41
Message 19 of 41

Доброе время суток.

На день рождения подарили этот замечательный телефон Xperia XZ1 Compact. И всё бы хорошо, но есть одна проблема, которая мешает использовать телефон полноценно.

Постоянно происходит разрыв связи по блютус с гарнитурой. В течении часа-полутора соединение держится. А затем по непонятной причине разрывается. Восстановить соединение с гарнитурой можно только после перезагрузки телефона.

Такая картина наблюдается с гарнитурами Plantronics M165, Plantronics925, Plantronics975, Jabra 8040. 

Много времени провожу за рулём, и такая проблема с блютус гарнитурами для меня весьма критична.

Что делал:

1. Восстановление ПО через Компанион.

2. Прошивка официальной прошивки через Ньюфлешер.

3. Замена AVRCP на 1.5 и на 1.4.

Помогите, пожалуйста!

Kind time of day.

For the birthday gave this wonderful phone Xperia XZ1 Compact. And everything would be fine, but there is one problem that interferes with the use of the phone fully.

Constantly there is a rupture of communication on the bluetooth with the headset. In an hour and a half, the connection keeps. And then, for some strange reason, it breaks. You can restore the connection to the headset only after the phone is rebooted.

Such a picture is observed with the headsets Plantronics M165, Plantronics925, Plantronics975, Jabra 8040.

I spend a lot of time at the wheel, and this problem with bluetooth headsets is very critical for me.

What did you do:

1. Restore the Software through the Companion.

2. Firmware firmware through Newflescher.

3. Replace the AVRCP with 1.5 and 1.4.

Help me please!

GT

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 20 of 41
Message 20 of 41

Hi, 

I received a reply from Taiwan Sony support, they advised to use the phone in safe mode for test, tried 4 days without any problem, changed to normal mode and same bluetooth issue continue. I understood that some apps cause this problem.

There was not any option in settings to see which apps use bluetooth, searched bt and saw location service use bt in some cases, to test the phone turned off location permission for all apps except a few default google apps, then bluetooth problem fixed. Gave permission to some apps later, was still ok, you can test one by one to find real problematic app. I guess older versions of some apps which is not designed for Oreo create problem. 

I know this is not a permanent solution but I use bluetooth without any problem for five days, turn on, turn off every day, it runs, connection is good now. 

View solution in original post