account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Bluetooth icon missing from top bar - Android Pie

Rookie
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Bluetooth icon missing from top bar - Android Pie

Anrdoid Pie - Swiss version

umm how do you get the bluetooth icon to show up in the top bar (where the clock, wifi is) when bluetooth is on?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Bluetooth icon missing from top bar - Android Pie

@TheMan3000I can't find a straightforward to do that, but I've requested some more information about it.

Rookie
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

i think it might be something to do with what type of bluetooth connection it is.

for example when i connect my samsung smart watch via bluetooth, the icon doesnt show up, even though its connected.

however when i connect the phone to the car, the bluetooth icon does show up.

this is kind of annoying and would be good if sony could implement or give us a option to show the bluetooth icon permananetly when bluetooth is turned on, not just connected to certain bluetooth devices.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Hi @TheMan3000, I apologize for the late reply to your question.

You might experience that no Bluetooth icon appears in the status bar even though you have turned on Bluetooth. This works as designed. Sometimes, a Bluetooth icon will be shown in the status bar if you connect a Bluetooth accessory to your device. Other times, the icon will not appear. It depends on the accessory and supporting app.

I hope that answers your question and also explains why it not shown when certain accessories are paired with the device.

Have a nice weekend! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

The consumer should have the option to display the icon for bluetooth regardless of what is connected so that we can tell bluetooth and other options are on or off, this new update in my opinion made the android interface more clumsy and confusing

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Hi @Scarab!

This is the default behaviour in Android Pie and it may not be a change for the better for everyone.

As always, I will forward your thoughts on this change internally as feedback, but I can't promise that there will be a change. Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.