account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Beeping noise throughout all calls on Sony Xperia XZ1

One time poster
Message 21 of 28
Message 21 of 28

Re: "Call waiting" beeping noise every 5 seconds, throughout all calls on Xperia XZ1 Compa

I have the same issues. Beeping during calls, alarm not going off (tried downloading a different alarm from play store and same result) headphones not working sometimes then other times fine. 

Seems like oreo could do with some bug fixes. 

One time poster
Message 22 of 28
Message 22 of 28

Re: Beeping noise throughout all calls on Sony Xperia XZ1

I had the beeping as well and after reading some of these, I thought I'd try some.

I truned my NFC on and off again but as I had the beeping while it was off, I looked at some of the others. Someone mentioned notifications and I thought about what was new and it was my facebook chat heads. After I turned that off it was perfectly fine.

You could try that.

Rookie
Message 23 of 28
Message 23 of 28

I'm getting the same beeping noise. I've tried to read all the replies but I can't actually see a solve for it, is there one? And yes I've tried the nfc turn off (it wasn't turned on). Also it keeps crashing. This phone is only 2 weeks old! 

One time poster
Message 24 of 28
Message 24 of 28

I got the same, had the new XZ1 Compact for less than a week, need to fix the beeping, tried all the tricks above ecxept the full factory reset.

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 25 of 28
Message 25 of 28

Me too, really irritating other caller can hear it too. Hopefully Sony escalating to Google for fix, anyone posted on xda too? 

Xperia Z1 Compact on O2 UK
previously Xperia S
Pioneer
Message 26 of 28
Message 26 of 28

I can only speculate on this issue, since it looks like it is carrier/fw version dependent.

Is there anybody who experiences this "Call Waiting" issue who is not on:

Carrier: O2 UK
Firmware: 47.1.A.2.374

Since O2 UK seems to be using VoLTE and VoWiFi, can this issue be reproduced if you:

• disable VoLTE (Settings / Network & Internet / Mobile Network / Enable VoLTE) or VoWiFI (Search for "Wi-Fi calling" in Settings)?
  • switch the mobile Preferred network type to something other than default?

Theory: every phone has a modem that actually communicates with a carrier. That modem runs completely separate operating system on a separate processor (called baseband radio processor or BP). Now, BP communicates with carrier base stations and it is possible that some carrier communication triggers a failure on baseband processor, which interprets it to be a call waiting tone.

47.1.A.2.374 is two versions behind already (US is three Crying Face), so I wonder whether rollouts are halted because basedband processor vendor (Qualcomm) is troubleshooting the issue with the carrier.

No longer using XZ1C
One time poster
Message 27 of 28
Message 27 of 28

Same problem for me. Call waiting beeps during call. Have tried various reset to no avail.  Really annoying! 

Pioneer
Message 28 of 28
Message 28 of 28

I've recorded both notification sounds and call waiting tone from my XZ1 Compact, so it would be helpful for the thread if somebody affected by the issue could identify what the actual sound that they hear:

Multiple Android notifications while call is in progress: https://drive.google.com/file/d/16E3eKzOkoNlw4XAE8FoYPD5SL-uPY2xY/view

Call waiting sound, meaning that somebody else is calling you while you are in a call (based on T-Mobile US): https://drive.google.com/file/d/176clc0s6rpp1oM7DQYAQRYY-KFpmm6uf/view

No longer using XZ1C