account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Battery drain after update 47.1.A.12.270

Adviser
Message 21 of 33
Message 21 of 33

Re: Battery drain after update 47.1.A.12.270

I got notification from service shop that they have changed new battery and updated software. Now I am waiting phone back. Quality problem in batteries Thinking Face

Learner
Message 22 of 33
Message 22 of 33

hi!

having the same issue here since a couple of weeks. can't believe it's the phone, batteries do not die right after a software update. Interesting enough i have been uninstalling all the updates to google play services - everything seem to work fine now, but i need to test it for a couple of days.

Very interesting reply from Sony customer service, seems they are aware of something - as this reply below is somewhat suspicious.

Dear Alessandro,

Thank you for contacting Xperia Support by Sony.

We're sorry to hear about the issues you're experiencing with your Xperia XZ1.

After major updates the unit is constantly working in order to optimize itself for the update. resulting in features such as the battery being affected by this when the phone is constantly working with the update in the background.

It may take 1-2 weeks before the battery life of the phone returns to a more normal battery capacity

Kind Regards,
Martin N

Adviser
Message 23 of 33
Message 23 of 33

Hi,

Finnish customer support told me same story that it may take few days to balance battery consuption after installing updates. I am not fully convinced of this story.

I hope that I will get back my phone next week and then I can test if phone works fine. If not then it is good bye Sony Mobile.

Learner
Message 24 of 33
Message 24 of 33

i have my theory that they are buying time until oct 26th when we are receiveing Android 9 - let's see if that fix the issue otherwise i'll have to send the phone to service.

One time poster
Message 25 of 33
Message 25 of 33

My XZ1 battery was doing just fine - great actually - until I updated my phone to Pie. Now the battery is draining like a sieve. Any fixes out there? 

Adviser
Message 26 of 33
Message 26 of 33

I have not received Pie-update, but it seems that there are compatibility problem between Sony and Spotify (Connect). When I  am using Spotify Connect to listen music my home theater battery drain will be high in Sony couple of the next coming dates. It does not help is I close Spotify and restart phone. I have also IOS devices but this problem is not appearing those devices. Spotify is not the highest battery drain acc. to battery information. The highes drain is caused by "Phone idle".  Is Sony uncompatibility with Spotify ?

In fact the phone is little bit warm all time compared to iPhone for example. The temperature of the battery is 29 C all the time.

Apprentice
Message 27 of 33
Message 27 of 33

It's 47.2.A.6.30 in my case

versus

47.2.A.4.45

I've got two XZ1 compacts, that is

I like the phone a lot, that being the reason

The one with the latest build started draining battery something awful, though

47.2.A.6.30 is at 14% of the battery, having been fully charged 11 hours ago, 32 mins screen usage

47.2.A.4.45 is at 36% of the battery, having been fully charged 16 hours ago, 1 hr 19 mins screen usage

Should I blame it on the update or should I consider it a battery problem? The phone in questoin is a little older than one year old

The one with older build and better battery life is 6 months old

(I don't know why the same model phones are getting updates at different times, but they do, by the way. I've got Android 9 on the newer one the whole month before I've got it on the older one)

One time poster
Message 28 of 33
Message 28 of 33

I suffered battery drain 8% per hour or more with locked screen. I removed sony weather widget and this massively improved drain after analysis using an app. I used BetterBatterStats to analyse my phone it cost a couple of pounds and I needed to make some small changes/ permissions to make it work using my phone linked to my PC but really happy now. Try removing the widget and see if that works or consider using the app to analyse.

Apprentice
Message 29 of 33
Message 29 of 33

In my case, resetting the apps to default settings seemed to rectify the situation

Highlighted
Learner
Message 30 of 33
Message 30 of 33

Hi, I really appreciated the long battery life of my XZ1 Compact, that was until the Android Pie update that I received yesterday.

Now my phone battery is draining at an alarming rate, which is disappointing to say the least. Similar to the post by ElisaK, I also prefer smaller phones, as I do not want to have the equivalent of a tablet on me. The Honor 10 fits my needs perfectly as it's not too big even though it has a large screen. Sony needs to address the battery drain issue, it's not acceptable. If not I'll be ordering a Honor 10 from Amazon pretty soon.