account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Apps in Xperia XZ1 compact.

One time poster
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Apps in Xperia XZ1 compact.

How to transfer apps from internal storage to SD card? I have an android 9.0.Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Apps in Xperia XZ1 compact.

Hi @Zaza1969

I'm sorry to say that Xperia XZ1 Compact does not support the feature of moving applications to a SD card.

You can still transfer media and such to the SD card. And also, some applications does allow data to be stored directly on the SD card, but that is completely up the developers of the applications. 

I'm really sorry to say this, but if you have any further questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Is there a possibility that this feature will be available in the future?

Would be very nice, because my apps use more storage than media :-)

Thanks in advance and best regards

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Hi @Fritz2

I'm sorry for the late reply here. Slightly frowning Face 

It's really hard to say if this will be implemented in the future. But I will make sure that your feedback reaches the correct department. Slightly smiling Face 

Let me know if you have any further questions. 

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Dear Sony, I own an Xperia XZ1 Compact and am having serious issues with the lack of internal storage. I have moved all music and images to my SD card but still I am at 95% full. I am constantly trying to remove apps I don't use all the time, and just re-download when I need them, but frankly it's getting a bit ridiculous. The point of having a smart phone is to be able have apps.

Since the option to move apps to the SD card was removed, how can I increase the internal storage? I believe being on 95% all the time is making my phone laggy and crash all the time.

Also, how can I remove all the bloatware apps that came with the phone that I don't actually want or need?

Many thanks, Lynn 

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Очень плохо, что нельзя приложение сохранять на карту памяти. Зачем так сделано? В современном смартфоне необходима такая функция.

It’s very bad that you can’t save the application to a memory card. Why is this done? In a modern smartphone, such a function is necessary.

gt