account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Apps cannot access SD card

Message 11 of 14
Message 11 of 14

Re: Apps cannot access SD card

Have you tried this?

https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!topic/osmand/JGeQzMF6T2A

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Message 12 of 14
Message 12 of 14

Have you tried a reset of the device?

There is definitely something wrong with permissions if Google maps cannot save offline to SD

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 13 of 14
Message 13 of 14

Same problem her, Google Maps detects the SD-Card (extern!) but can't write on it.

Google Pictures - fine, Sony Cam - fine .....

Deleting data/cache doesn't help.

Reinstallation neither.

A few other navigation apps have the same problem. Angry Face

OruxMaps can write on the SD-Card. 

One time poster
Message 14 of 14
Message 14 of 14

I don't know if this post anyone helps. I have had same problem on Xperia X compact after upgrade from Nouget to Oreo. It seems this upgrades never works fine. So I did factory reset and now works. There are 3 types of reset and I suggest always when you make major upgrade that you are ready to do factory reset.

Hope this helps.