account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

App issues after oreo update

SOLVED
Apprentice
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

App issues after oreo update

Hello :3

My problem is that all apps can no longer play the videos properly. The apps I'm having issues with are: Youtube, Facebook, Snapchat, Musically, Firefox, and Instagram.

On Youtube all videos are asynchronous and for all other apps the video will not play.

My attempts to solve the problems: First, I turned off the phone and then turned it back on, then I stopped the apps and deleted the data and then I have set my phone to factory settings and then reinstalled all my apps. All the attempts to fix the problems have failed.

Could someone help me please here?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pioneer
Message 4 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Pioneer
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: App issues after oreo update

Hi @SkrixlerAnon;

You don't mention it but have you tried restarting the phone in safe mode to discard any third party app acting?

You can also repair the phone software with Xperia Companion which is better than a factory reset.

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Thank you for your reply. Grinning Face

How can I switch Info the safe Mode?

And how can I repair the phone Software with Xperia Companion?

Pioneer
Message 4 of 7
Apprentice
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Now All Problems are gone after I was in the safe mode. But what did the safe mode to clear all Problems?

Pioneer
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

@SkrixlerAnon

Safe mode brings only pre-installed apps (the apps that are installed with the OS). If your problems are gone, this means that an app (or more) from the ones you installed is/are causing the problems. Restart the phone (it will start normally with all your apps) and start uninstalling the apps you have installed (one by one from the last installed to the first installed) and watch if the problems are gone. Do not uninstall all of them, uninstall one, see if issues are still there and so on. This way you will find the app/apps causing problems. 

Apprentice
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Thank you! Grinning Face